1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Guess the build... - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

need info new to bee keeping

Discussion in 'Prep: Beekeeping Tools, Equipment, Supplies, etc.' started by lovemywhatwhat, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Jul 15, 2018
    lovemywhatwhat

lovemywhatwhat Overrun with beasties

My husband has always wanted to become an beekeeper. He has found a mentor to help him learn the way of the beekeeper and he Is very excited. We know that it is an expensive hobby but he has his heart set on it. I want to buy my husband his first bee box for his birthday as a surprise is there a good brand that anyone can recommend for me I want one that will last thanks for any advise.

2. Jul 15, 2018
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

There are several types of hive... Best to discuss with DH and determine what style he plans to start out with. He can build a basic top bar hive very inexpensively. or he can go with the "standard" Langstroth type hive which is what most folks think of when they think of a bee hive... square boxes stacked on top of each other. There are also warre bee hives which are kind of a combination of both the others. Then go from there. Good luck with your (his) endeavor!

lovemywhatwhat likes this.
  3. Jul 16, 2018
    lovemywhatwhat

lovemywhatwhat Overrun with beasties

ok thank you for the info