Need kidding help ASAP

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I see you posted almost an hour ago. If those pics were shortly before, I should think kids are here. Looks pretty light outside in pics for almost 11PM! Where are you?

Hope all is well. I will assume the buck is NOT in pen where she is kidding. Right?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Pwr was out for 2 hours and just came back on... Ummm yeah, that's almost definitely very hard contractions from those pics. If kids are not on the ground by now, you had best glove up and go after them. If they haven't come out by now there's a better than even chance they are breach or otherwise misrepresenting. Hope she was able to get them babies out of the oven, or you were able to assist her in doing so. Hoping for live kid pics! :fl:caf:pop

Luvinthefarmlife

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I see you posted almost an hour ago. If those pics were shortly before, I should think kids are here. Looks pretty light outside in pics for almost 11PM! Where are you?

Hope all is well. I will assume the buck is NOT in pen where she is kidding. Right?

Im in Utah no I dont even own a buck she stopped having the contractions not long before after I took the pics she went to sleep its gotta be pre labor and being her first time shes not sure of what's going on

Luvinthefarmlife

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Pwr was out for 2 hours and just came back on... Ummm yeah, that's almost definitely very hard contractions from those pics. If kids are not on the ground by now, you had best glove up and go after them. If they haven't come out by now there's a better than even chance they are breach or otherwise misrepresenting. Hope she was able to get them babies out of the oven, or you were able to assist her in doing so. Hoping for live kid pics! :fl:caf:pop

She went to sleep not too long after those pics were taken its she had 2 light pushes nothing strong and no noises with it its gotta be pre labor

Luvinthefarmlife

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She went to sleep not too long after those pics were taken its she had 2 light pushes nothing strong and no noises with it its gotta be pre labor
This is how she was standing this morning when she woke up she got up ate a little and pooped and then would take a few steps and kinda squat like she had to pee and I never seen her do that with her tail where its curled all the way against her spine
20180801_064803.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm just going to come out and say it - I'm worried about your doe. Have you gone back and done another internal exam? You need to find out what's going on in there. The hormones that cause the ligaments to soften and "disappear" are the same hormones that cause the onset of labor and that process is not supposed to take 3 or 4 days.

I hope I'm over-reacting and everything is normal but my nearly 30 years of experience with goats are screaming at me that there's a problem.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
At this point, from what I see & read, there are pretty much two situations. ONE she is in trouble. TWO, she is having pre-labor in a weird way -- may be they are repositiong in there & the pressure puts her natural instinct to push in gear. Is there a bad odor to the mucus ?

Hoping this has a good outcome. You have a reason for concern. Normally mine are mucus and down to business, delivering within a couple hours. Rarely mucus more than 24 hrs prior, especially colored.

Now, my mini horses have had some "labor looking" days when the foal was moving into position for delivery in a couple weeks. My goats, rarely more than looking at sides and being restless.

Luvinthefarmlife

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm just going to come out and say it - I'm worried about your doe. Have you gone back and done another internal exam? You need to find out what's going on in there. The hormones that cause the ligaments to soften and "disappear" are the same hormones that cause the onset of labor and that process is not supposed to take 3 or 4 days.

I hope I'm over-reacting and everything is normal but my nearly 30 years of experience with goats are screaming at me that there's a problem.

Yeah I'm getting worried too I'm gonna try and go in with my index finger I'm not sure about doing more than one finger I'm gonna try and call in some back up to really check her