Need suggestions to help sheep during hot (115 degree (F)) weather

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve even lived without air conditioning before and spray misted the top sheet and turned on the fan to go to sleep. Remember that if your AC ever breaks!

I bought a roll of radiant heat barrier from Amazon. It makes a huge difference.

FunInTheSun

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I’ve even lived without air conditioning before and spray misted the top sheet and turned on the fan to go to sleep. Remember that if your AC ever breaks!

I bought a roll of radiant heat barrier from Amazon. It makes a huge difference.
Oh, please don't even suggest that our AC is going to go out - I'm completely spoiled by it! Years ago, when I lived in Texas, I used a swamp cooler and that memory sure makes me appreciate AC all the more!

Cotton*wood

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you have any trees in your pasture, or woodsy area, making sure they have access to that can be very helpful. It's MUCH cooler under the trees than anywhere else.

GoateeMcfee

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh, please don't even suggest that our AC is going to go out - I'm completely spoiled by it! Years ago, when I lived in Texas, I used a swamp cooler and that memory sure makes me appreciate AC all the more!
When it started getting hot here a few weeks ago we finally broke down and bought AC, supposed to get installed right now. But its too hot to work in the attic! Literally the worst paradox ever, too hot to install AC😂.