Neeeewby farmers

Mellyb

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Melissa. My husband and I just bought 10acres in Texas! Having sheep and this much land is all new to is and very exciting! And scary...We now have three sheep and 10 chickens. I’ve had chickens before but the livestock is a new life! Looking forward to reading post and getting advice from people who have been there, done that and said” oh ****! What do I do now?”
Sincerely,
Melissa

Mellyb

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Since you’re online right now, can I pick your brain? We have had the sheep for three days my husband went out this morning and said he noticed loose brown poop in area?! Could it be the grass change? They have been wormed, I’m using same feed type the other owner used. Any thoughts?

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since you’re online right now, can I pick your brain? We have had the sheep for three days my husband went out this morning and said he noticed loose brown poop in area?! Could it be the grass change? They have been wormed, I’m using same feed type the other owner used. Any thoughts?
I have goats, not sheep.....could be the grass, let me grab some sheep folks for you ... @@MikeCHS @Baymule @ Beekissed. Anyone I forgot, please help...

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It can very well be a change in the grass, or if they didn't have grass before and now have it it is the change in their diet that will create a difference in their manure for a few days.
Also, often happens with a change in water. Think what they tell people that go to Mexico to not drink the water.
I agree to pen them in a smaller area and feed mostly hay and maybe a little of their accustomed grain and watch them. It ought to straighten up in a few days as they get used to the differences from where they were.

Mellyb

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have goats, not sheep.....could be the grass, let me grab some sheep folks for you ... @@MikeCHS @Baymule @ Beekissed. Anyone I forgot, please help...
It can very well be a change in the grass, or if they didn't have grass before and now have it it is the change in their diet that will create a difference in their manure for a few days.
Also, often happens with a change in water. Think what they tell people that go to Mexico to not drink the water.
I agree to pen them in a smaller area and feed mostly hay and maybe a little of their accustomed grain and watch them. It ought to straighten up in a few days as they get used to the differences from where they were.
thank you for the help!!!😁

Latest posts