neener92; new pictures!

Symphony

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm extremely jealous of all that beauty. The trees colors are just amazing.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That is amazing! So beautiful. That is ncie the helicopter guys took pictures for you. Around here the only time they fly over is when they are checking to make sure we haven't planting anything we aren't supposed to. They take pictures but they don't let us have them.

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The poor trees look so ugly now...they are either bare or have ugly brown leaves on them. I HATE fall/winter!

The helicopter guys will be here for another two weeks! They have been very friendly and respectful. They are actually going to store the helicopter in one of our building for this storm we are supposed to get Monday.

We strained and pasteurized some milk! It is delicious! Oh, we made some butter too, YUMMY! Have I mentioned I LOVE MY COW! hahaha!

Symphony

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
neener92 said:
The poor trees look so ugly now...they are either bare or have ugly brown leaves on them. I HATE fall/winter!

The helicopter guys will be here for another two weeks! They have been very friendly and respectful. They are actually going to store the helicopter in one of our building for this storm we are supposed to get Monday.

We strained and pasteurized some milk! It is delicious! Oh, we made some butter too, YUMMY! Have I mentioned I LOVE MY COW! hahaha!
:thumbsup Thats sounds yummy normally but I'm just getting over a stomach flu.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neener- just popping in to say hi and I :love your cow too! and that lil bull! I read about the milk and BUTTER!!!! I love to make butter, the whole family loves home-made butter. Can't really do butter with goats. :(
One day I will have a cow!

The brown dreary dead look can be rather depressing. Everything so barren looking but I always look at it as a time to rest and spend more time with family. Then when spring comes we get that wonderful rejuvenation.

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Symphony: I made the mistake of having mom try the milk while she had a cold. She wasn't much for the idea of drinking milk that came out of a "cow" she said, I laughed and told her I like the fact that I know how the cow and calf are treated.

I'm putting all the birds in buildings tonight and closing up the barns. I also gave everyone extra feed today. The helicopter is in our cattle barn, the cows couldn't get in there anyway dad has two full wagons of square bales in there. Poor cows! We got some gas and food yesterday/today also got the generator out just in case. Got plenty of milk and butter....cottage cheese too!

That little bull is crazy! Such a little ham! I thought the butter was good! Different but good! I LOVE my cows...and my goats!!!

I had such a good week with all that sun and warmth, the last few days have been dark and dreary....not taking it too well, I keep forgetting to pen Chocolate Pie (baby bull) at night. Well, he gets penned up I just forget til it's dark since I'm not already outside. I do like the spending more time with family, but then I really miss the playing outside and watering my critters and flowers....poor flowers! haha

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh dear, where do I even start!

Well, the power, phones, and cell phones are out....I don't even think people are able to dial 911! Thankfully we have a generator!

I don't know if I've mentioned this but I hate snow...HATE it! It's cold, wet and muddy when it melts....I don't like any of those things!

So, yesterday morning I go outside to milk and when I get to the barn the darn cow has an attitude...then I find my rescue layer house hen dead under the barn, the chicken was penned up by the house under the trampoline (yes, I turned our trampoline into something for the critters!). Any-who, my guard dog decided to kill my hen....lovely guard dog he is! ugh!

Had a silkie chicken who wouldn't stop sitting til I let her hatch out some chicks....I have a retarded silkie hen and three chicks in our living room. Wouldn't be the first time I've had a farm animal in the house. I've had calves, mini horses, chicks, you name it I've probably had it in the house!

Earlier I had to help the pilot put the blades back on the helicopter, no one else was around and he needed help. He had to get in the air and try to help find downed power lines. Talk about an experience! He asked if I've put helicopter blades on before....really??, do I look like a person who has put helicopter blades on before....covered in mud/poo and all in the middle of a farm!? HA!

Later I'm going to try to pasteurize some milk and make some butter, I have a good bit of cream now! YUM!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
christmas-new-year-wallpaper-199.jpeg