Neighbor's Dogs Killed My Pregnant Does - News Article Link in post #1

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Words escape me at a time like this. So I'll just say I am so deeply sorry for your losses. At least you got the dogs. Now, how are you going to make the owners cough up? I know money isn't a replacement for a dearly loved animal, but the dog owners should be punished for their irresponsibility.

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Stacykins said:
Words escape me at a time like this. So I'll just say I am so deeply sorry for your losses. At least you got the dogs. Now, how are you going to make the owners cough up? I know money isn't a replacement for a dearly loved animal, but the dog owners should be punished for their irresponsibility.
Thank you. I'm putting a bill together, but can't finalize it until I receive the bill from my vet and the report from the ACO. I feel absolutely horrible about the whole situation; it could have so easily been prevented. Each of my girls was carrying one fetus, so the loss of the kids has been added to the bill, as well.

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OMG that is so awful.

I am so sorry for you and you have my deepest sympathy for your losses.

I have 15 Nubian goats and I can only IMAGINE your sorrow.

I will be thinking about you and again I am SO SORRY!!

DonnaBelle

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
OMG that is so heartbreaking! I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you. I miss my girls terribly, and it breaks my heart to think of the terror they must have felt during the attack, not to mention the pain the older doe was in until euthanized. I feel horrible that I wasn't there sooner to protect them.

We have to find a place to move before the end of March next year because the farm is being put on the market. At this point I don't know if we're going to be able to find another place to rent that will allow us to keep our animals. If we can, I'm going to consider rebuilding my herd because I absolutely adore Nubians.

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am speechless. I am so sorry for you and all your poor babies. How terrible. I am glad you got the dogs. :hugs to you.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That is so bad. Very sorry for your animals. I know you feel bad, like you let them down. But you did all you can. Will the owners of the dogs be making restitution?

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
ThreeBoysChicks said:
That is so bad. Very sorry for your animals. I know you feel bad, like you let them down. But you did all you can. Will the owners of the dogs be making restitution?
When the ACO returned their dogs' bodies to them, he told them to be expecting a bill. I just have to wait to get his report and the bill from my vet to finish crunching numbers.