Netherland Dwarf kits

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to share:

IMG_2402.JPG

This last Sunday (October 23rd) Ebony, the bunny we're watching for a friend, had her kits!

We have mama and kits in the hutch we built and she made her nest on the side that's extremely difficult to reach. I have to lay on top of the hutch and reeeeeach down through the top hole to check on them. Of course, every time I reach in, Ebony runs over to squat and glare at me as I check her babies.

We have three little ones. One looks like it'll be white like their daddy and one is black like their mama. The third is a mystery. I've been saying it was white, but now that I've got a picture, it almost looks peach!

Of course, the kids want to keep ALL the babies while I had hoped to sell all but one. We all can't wait until they're hopping around and we can hold 'em!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Way to go ebony :clap:weee.

They are adorable.

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you want to distract the mamma, try feeding her a piece of her favorite food, or taking her out of the hutch altogether. It would let you get a better look at the kits. Good luck!!

Reactions: TAH

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If you want to distract the mamma, try feeding her a piece of her favorite food, or taking her out of the hutch altogether. It would let you get a better look at the kits. Good luck!!

Good idea! She loves oatmeal...I'll have to try that.
Yesterday I checked the kits and after I was done handling them, Ebony ran over and hovered over them. That was a first. Usually she just "glares" at me from afar and then continues on her merry way when I'm done.

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Genipher , mine love oatmeal too. I had the rest of a box of steel-cut oatmeal, and they finished it in a few days.
Finally, someone who knows about the "bunny glare". It looks terrifying, doesn't it? My New Zealand doe gives me it all the time.

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Genipher , mine love oatmeal too. I had the rest of a box of steel-cut oatmeal, and they finished it in a few days.
Finally, someone who knows about the "bunny glare". It looks terrifying, doesn't it? My New Zealand doe gives me it all the time.

It's a bit funny. She doesn't try to charge at me or attack in any way. She just glares. Reminds me of my mom, back when I was a kid. hehe.

Latest posts