Netherland Dwarf kits

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes
Dad is afraid of them having diseases

I can see that. You have to be careful with wild rabbits and rodents. Leptospirosis is starting to become more and more an issue with those wild critters. It's kinda sad. Used to be you didn't have to think twice about using them as a food source but now...:(

Reactions: TAH

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, the red kit died last week. S/he was the runt and either the other two hogged all the nursing or it slipped too far away from the others and froze to death. Or maybe it was just sickly. Either way, we're now down to two.

The black one is a little butterball. S/he's pretty calm and will just lay on his back in our hands.
The gray-white fella, on the other hand, is a climber, runner, launcher-from-the-hands.
It's interesting to see their different "personalities".

Also, the black one is not as photogenic. S/he kind-of turns into a fuzzy "blob". The white one, on the other hand, is a friend to the camera!

IMG_2420.JPG

IMG_2421.JPG

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can see that. You have to be careful with wild rabbits and rodents. Leptospirosis is starting to become more and more an issue with those wild critters. It's kinda sad. Used to be you didn't have to think twice about using them as a food source but now...:(
I got one the other day to lick coffee off my fingers. There a few new Zealand reds out there that have only been released a few months that we may try to catch. We will see.

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I got one the other day to lick coffee off my fingers. There a few new Zealand reds out there that have only been released a few months that we may try to catch. We will see.

Ooooh! So they're pets that have been "released" into the wild! I get it. They probably wouldn't be as dangerous as a born-and-bred wild rabbit.

Do rabbits like coffee, eh? hehe

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ooooh! So they're pets that have been "released" into the wild! I get it. They probably wouldn't be as dangerous as a born-and-bred wild rabbit.

Do rabbits like coffee, eh? hehe
Yes, there was a man that died and left 47 rabbit for His son well his son didn't want them so he let them loose.

I am not sure if the rabbits like coffee or not.

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Took Ebony and her kits to my mom's for Thanksgiving. They were a hit at the party. Everyone wanted to love on 'em.

IMG_2448.JPG
IMG_2449_crop.jpg

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, there was a man that died and left 47 rabbit for His son well his son didn't want them so he let them loose.

I am not sure if the rabbits like coffee or not.

My sister-in-law did that with a SICK rat once. We chewed her out for it.

Latest posts