NEVER milked a cow!

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi!

I have always wanted to milk a cow. Some of you who do this daily might think I am crazy. :gig

Any recommendations on how I can find someone near me with dairy cows who would be willing to teach some stranger, or any organizations out there to show me?

Thanks!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Maybe contact your local FFA or 4H groups. The university extension office and USDA office might know of someone too.

Are you looking to machine milk or hand milk?

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yeah she always does! :) Thanks Kitty. I will look into those. I want to hand milk, one of those thing I never got to do. (Or a goat would be fine too!)

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh how cool! Very helpful and just how I imagined, but good to confirm with an expert.

It is also nice to put a voice with your name!

Thanks so much! :clap

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Expert? I hate hand milking! I have done it and I do have cows to strip out sometimes but, I wouldn't say I'm an expert at it! That would be someone who milks that way every milking. ((Shudders))

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
former expert right? haha Been there, done that. Wouldn't want to go back? I guess with machines who really needs to do all that work.

With the size of your farm one couldn't possible do all that milking anyway. You would be there all day.