Nevermind!

Pardenx3

Just born
Reaction score
Horsiezz said:
UPDATE:

This past Sunday we took about a 4 hour trail ride at Saltfork State Park,with about 6 other people. Halley did some cantering and did NOT buck. Just one of those days I guess. I have some pictures,if your interested. On one of the trails at Saltfork it takes you right up to the Saltfork Lake. We went through water,and she did fine. The Saltfork trails have rocky steep slopes,deep mud,fallen trees,and small creeks to go through. She did fine!

Message me if you are interested in pics,I have a few of her on the trail and on the beach and in the water of the lake. I will post if interested.
I'm glad she is doing better for you. Maybe its just the mare in her since it isn't all the time. I quit fooling with mares years ago when I got into draft horses. I don't like the idea of 2000lbs of "mareish"!:thumbsup

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Pardenx3 said:
Horsiezz said:
UPDATE:

This past Sunday we took about a 4 hour trail ride at Saltfork State Park,with about 6 other people. Halley did some cantering and did NOT buck. Just one of those days I guess. I have some pictures,if your interested. On one of the trails at Saltfork it takes you right up to the Saltfork Lake. We went through water,and she did fine. The Saltfork trails have rocky steep slopes,deep mud,fallen trees,and small creeks to go through. She did fine!

Message me if you are interested in pics,I have a few of her on the trail and on the beach and in the water of the lake. I will post if interested.
I'm glad she is doing better for you. Maybe its just the mare in her since it isn't all the time. I quit fooling with mares years ago when I got into draft horses. I don't like the idea of 2000lbs of "mareish"!:thumbsup
Yeah we have 3 mares,and 1 gelding. 2 of our mares never act like that,and 1 of them is in heat right now and I just got done riding her bareback! she doesnt act stupid like that at all. But Halley can get like that sometimes...
But drafts,you dont want to take that risk. Always go with geldings. ;) lol

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Okay..well this is really compicated!
I don't think we are selling Halley nor taking her to the Auction either.
Today we found out my mom's new riding mare has a bad stifle injury(topic under disease category). So she will be down for a while,and she JUST got her a month ago. :barnie So...my mom is debating on keeping her or not,because she won't have a riding horse. :/ We are still thinking about this,so bear with us! Its a hard decision...

mully

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Keep her !!! Your mom will have more time to ride her and fix the problem... you will be happy you did !!

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
mully said:
Keep her !!! Your mom will have more time to ride her and fix the problem... you will be happy you did !!
Then after we fix the "problem" another one will arise...the board. We are paying board for 5 horses. About $700 a month. Lets just hope someone will want to lease her out after the bucking problem is solved. If we CAN fix it that is. :/