New additions!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have a couple of our Dorper/Katahdin crosses that look like they haven't shed but they will usually come up and rub on me while I work it loose since it is just barely holding on. A lot of ours are slow to shed if they stay in a shelter during rainy weather but I usually put them in a paddock with no shelter with rain in the forecast and it works loose.

Last edited:

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wonder if that is why some of my Dorpers haven't shed completely while the same bloodlines have. Maybe those that shed completely were out in the rain this season while the others were inside kidding. I will add that to my list of notes I keep to see if that does it. After all, these breeds were not developed to be coddled with interior shelter! I just like to kid in the barn because it is easier on me! LOL

Thanks for the tip Mike.

ByFaithFarm

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good things to think about! Both are doing well! The lamb is super docile, but the other has been very jumpy. We’ve seen a slow calming though as the week has passed. And both have continued to lose hair over the last few days. So far, our weather here hasn’t been super hot until this week, so maybe the true summer temps have helped with the shed.

Latest posts