New BackYardHerds Homepage

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
You may have already noticed this change when you typed in, or went to your bookmark for www.BackYardHerds.com :)

hp.jpg

Well, we've been working on this new homepage for a while and we're SUPER excited to launch it!

What started out as a way to accommodate our awesome POW (Picture Of the Week) submissions, turned into a much bigger project to showcase and feature wonderful content from our community.

We'll be featuring and rotating in different types of content onto the homepage. Some of it will be new content, and some will be great threads from the past that we feel would be great to have re-surfaced to our community.

Of course, if you'd rather jump-right-in to the forum threads, you can always bookmark and go directly to whichever section of the community is to your liking... whether it be the main forum list, watched threads, or new posts :)

We'll be updating and tweaking this new homepage over time, but we really hope you like it.

We're still tweaking some of the settings / features, so please let us know your feedback here.

We look forward to your thoughts and suggestions!

Last edited:

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you like it! Hopefully others will post with their thoughts and feedback!

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bah! I don't even like to change my socks, so any change for me is negative. :old
But seriously, it looks good, and took me very little time to find my way around again

One suggestion that I think would help the entire site. Somewhere prominent and obvious. Put a link for new/potentially new members to find their introduction place. Hidden way at the bottom of all the forums can hinder newbys from joining in.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Bah! I don't even like to change my socks, so any change for me is negative. :old
But seriously, it looks good, and took me very little time to find my way around again

One suggestion that I think would help the entire site. Somewhere prominent and obvious. Put a link for new/potentially new members to find their introduction place. Hidden way at the bottom of all the forums can hinder newbys from joining in.

Good idea, we're working on a "notice" to non-logged-in members to point them to some of these spots :)