1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. All of your pig talk got me in TROUBLE!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Contest Time!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

New Calves

Discussion in 'Everything Else Cattle' started by cjc, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Nov 29, 2017
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

Heifer calf. Might keep it...have to wait and see. Need to replace a couple that drowned.

Been a long time since I butchered one of my own. Beef prices dictated it was far better to sell them and buy my table beef retail. That's changed now. Prices have plummeted this year. Intended to eat that bull, but had too much going on in personal life the last few months to feed it out and finish it.

2. Nov 29, 2017
    farmerjan

farmerjan Loving the herd life

How is your brothers" family doing? It's a wonder you have been able to think straight with all that's hit you this year. I am sure you are missing him too, but it is nice to see the new calf and know that life does go on and renew its'self.

3. Nov 29, 2017
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

I totally get that.