New Doe pulling fur?

Ebers

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Some does may experience a false pregnancy when they have been mounted by another rabbit, even if the other rabbit was a doe. They may go through all the motions, even pulling fur, but of course no babies are produced. I have also known a lot of does that would pull some fur when they hit a hormonal peak, even if they hadn't been with another rabbit of either gender, but they usually didn't pull more than a couple of mouthfuls.
I put her with my buck & he covered her & fell off once then she started fighting him pretty aggressively so I took her out it was that night that she pulled fur so I thought with the way she fought him & all there could be a chance she was already bred but I'm not sure

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Other than palpating you won't know until she has the litter. Of course not recommend past 14 days. Good thing is that you won't have to wonder long. Placing the nest box is a good idea. My does will pull a little fur from time to time, but not the amount for a nest.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
I have had does pull fur just from the stress of being moved but am always skeptical if there was any chance they were with a buck with someone else so I place a box with them. Good luck and I hope she took if she isn't already bred!

Reactions: TAH

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've purchased does that weren't supposed to be bred, but were; one miscarried on the way home, apparently from the stress. Yep, it can happen; anytime a doe pulls that much fur, I would give her a box, just in case.

Ebers

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well it's been 4 days with the nest box in there... no kits & she's startn to use it as a litter box so I guess I'm gonna take it out but hopefully she's bred to my cali buck & I'll have lil cali kits in 4wks or so "fingers crossed" I really appreciate all the advice on the situation