new fencing product-one step teepost clips

jsteph3919

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have installed thousands and thousands of tee post clips over the years, and it is one of my least favorite things to do-----in fact, I hate it.
I saw these being used in N. Texas this week. I do NOT sell these, have no financial interest in them in any way but as I saw stated elsewhere--they look like "a better mousetrap". Just letting ya know they exist.
They ain't cheap. About $0.06 each where I bought a bag of 100 but sure look to be a time saver.
The tool to install them was around $15.
I bought a bag to try at Atwoods in Paris Tx but they sell them at all Atwoods.
I have not tried them yet, but will later today.
I have installed thousands and thousands of tee post clips over the years, and it is one of my least favorite things to do-----in fact, I hate it.
I saw these being used in N. Texas this week. I do NOT sell these, have no financial interest in them in any way but as I saw stated elsewhere--they look like "a better mousetrap". Just letting ya know they exist.
They ain't cheap. About $0.06 each where I bought a bag of 100 but sure look to be a time saver.
The tool to install them was around $15.
I bought a bag to try at Atwoods in Paris Tx but they sell them at all Atwoods.
I have not tried them yet, but will later today.
Looks like a great idea, just put in my order. Thanks

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to start a new fencing thread.............

I do NOT have a pair of this brand posthole digger, and have never used this brand, but I do have a similar pair from a different manufacturer that works the same way. Several different comopanies and several retail places now sell one brand or another of this type. They are double jointed, meaning the handles work exactly opposite of most PHDs. Instead of jabbing the clamshell in the hole with the handles close together as you do with traditional diggers, you drop that digging end in the hole with the handles held apart.
This, allows you to dig a hole deeper, and straight down with all the same diameter--no widening the hole at the top to get dirt out of the bottom of a deep hole.
http://theholedeal.com/productdescription.html

Pretty sure mine won't go this deep, but they say theirs will.
example5.jpg

I can tell you that mine weigh about 20lbs so they can be a chore to pull out of the hole with a clamshell full of dirt but that weight is to your advantage when going in the hole with them.
animation.gif

(it can get a little confusing if you are like me and have been using the traditional kind for over 45 years and even more so, if you start the hole with traditional diggers then switch to these once you get down about 3 feet)

I sure could have used one of these when I was digging this one:
4fthole.jpg

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like those @greybeard. I usually end up with a much wider hole than I want with the traditional ones. I doubt I could get 5' down with these either. I'd surely hit big rocks or ledge well before then ;)