New foal! Half Arabian Pony filly - Pics

smoothmule

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My SE AK, Pyramid Society List, Blue List Elemental Arabian mare, HF Macarena, foaled this past week. It's a filly, her name is Layla Sparkles. I am just thrilled with this filly and wanted to share some photo's. Here are some Layla pictures and one of her sire, our 10.2 hand, Amber Champagne Appaloosa pony stallion. Layla's color is Sable Champagne.

952_macarenafilly22may2010_02.jpg

952_macarenafilly18may2010_04.jpg

952_macarenafilly19may2010_14.jpg

952_macarenafilly26may2010_01.jpg

952_studley09may2010_04.jpg

the funny farm6615

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
she is beautiful!! i have nevr seen a champagne in person, but would love to. are their eyes always blue or is it just her?

ducks4you

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
DAWWWW!!!! :love
Not all breeds have "champagne" with blue eyes. The KMH breeder that we bought our 4 year old from, bred a few with brown eyes.

Jae~b

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
cuteness!!!, that's also a very nice looking mare too, congrats

smoothmule

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, All champagne foals are born with bright blue eyes. They aren't the icy light blue like paints can have or the same blue as cremelo, perlino or smoky creams. Her eyes will gradually change from this blue to greenish, usually a ring around the blue eyes is how it starts changing. Then, they change again to a hazel color and finally, as an adult, they have a light amber colored eye. All champagnes do this. Some foals have the color changes fairly young and some at a few months old and some even keep a bluish tint till they're nearly a year old but they all have bright baby blues.

I have produced 4 champagnes here. My pony stallion is champagne and has produced all but one of them. My other came out of my foxtrotting mare, Callie.

They are born with pale pink skin. The only exception I know of was one of our appaloosa champagne colts. His skin was dark at birth but quickly changed to the usual pink with tiny purplish speckles, not the mottling that most appaloosa's have that is sort of pumpkin and dark but real pink with teeny specks.

Ducks4you, if your friend has champagne KMH's they probably had the bright blue eyes at birth that changed to the adult amber color. If they didn't, they were not champagne. There are a few champagnes in that breed though.

Here is my foxtrotter mare Callie, her base color is black so she is called classic champagne
952_callie02may2009.jpg

Here is the colt that was so weird at birth, his skin was very dark and really threw me but appaloosa genes can really mess with the champagne. He did end up with pink skin and speckles.
952_doodlebopcloseup.jpg

Here is a full brother to the above colt, this is Deuce. His skin was translucent pink at birth, total opposite of Doodle's. His color is white now. He is a few spot appaloosa, base color is black so he's called a classic champagne/few spot appaloosa. Doodle is a classic champagne appaloosa too but what a difference in how a fwe spot and a blanket appy look!
952_deuce_newborn2.jpg

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I remember this girl from another thread.

She's still cute. Nice lookin' horses. Then again, I'm partial to Arabs and part-Arabs ;)

Hollywood Goats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
michickenwrangler said:
I remember this girl from another thread.

She's still cute. Nice lookin' horses. Then again, I'm partial to Arabs and part-Arabs ;)
me too! ever since I was 10 I have been partial to arabian horses!

your hoses are beautiful!

smoothmule

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
danischi24
Thank you!
Cathy