New Frames

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So when we went to look at the other hive box DH has it was full of ice and what we thought was dirt...turns out it was mold/mildrew....so we decided forget it and we will order frames. So we ordered 100 deep frames from Dadant..should keep us in frames for awhile. DH says he is pretty sure he has a lot of super frames still. I guess we are going to go with foundationless for now and alternate in the foundation frames we have and see how that works out. If we dont like it we can always order foundations later.

We also ordered a hive tool, smoker, bee brush, frame grip, and some entrance reducers.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is on the list, a full suit with a fencer style mask from natural apiary, along with kid skin gloves. I have to order our plants/orchard stuff next week so i will order the suit/gloves in april. Swarm season doesnt start here until may so plenty of time still. And my package bees wont be mailed until may 23rd so good there too.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our frames finally arrived on tuesday...even disassembled that was a big heavy box. All of them looked good except on of the side rails has a chunk missing out of the bottom so we will just make that into a super frame. i also didnt realize the commercial frames Dadant sell's has the holes drilled already for wires...kinda nice.

i forgot i also ordered Swarm commander shall see how it works...man does it smell good i could use it as air freshener around my house.