New From Central Texas

MomtherOfDragons

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello! New here and pretty new to goats. We have 6 goats, 4 horses, 1 dog, 1 duck who thinks she’s a chicken, 6 chickens and 1 calf that thinks she’s a princess. We have had a heck of a year with parasites and I’m really trying to learn as much as possible since goats seem to be much more difficult than I’ve ever imagined. Glad to find a resource to learn as much as possible (without needing facebook!)
Hope everyone is enjoying spring!

MomtherOfDragons

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here’s a picture of our bottle baby, Little Nala (and our big baby, Lizzy).

I forgot to add, in addition to our small livestock variation, we also have a small herd of children (3) so we aren’t the only ones learning!

Attachments

• 439391A2-F4F9-4793-8598-1CAC6A578184.jpeg
    439391A2-F4F9-4793-8598-1CAC6A578184.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 129

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I already said Welcome! In your other thread, but I understand about all the animals! I used to have a horse, but I had to put her down three years ago.
Right now, I have way to many baby chicks because Im hatching eggs. Mostly mix breed chickens, RIR, EEs, bantys, and right now about 14 Ancona duck eggs.
I have three cows currently, which led me to this site when I was looking up information about beef cattle. I found so many helpful threads, posts, and so many members that posted helpful information.
I dont know anything about goats, a little about chickens, and not much about cows, but, boy! is it fun to read forums on here.
If you cant find an answer to something, just ask, and someone will answer with advice or thier experience on the matter.
I know many on here suggest, as an emergency measure, to, if you can, save some colostrum and freeze it just in case of an emergency. Ive seen other great ideas for baby goat, cow, sheep, even bunnies.
Hope you enjoy your journey here!

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Howdy from another Texan! We’re in the Tyler area. We have hair Sheep. 9 ewes, 13 lambs(keeping 4 of them to add to the flock), 1 fabulous Ram, 4 Horses, a crap load of chickens and the latest hog is in the freezer. 3 dogs, me and my husband. Delighted to have you here! @animalmom is in the Waco area and she has goats. Maybe she is close to you? Anyway, WELCOME!

MomtherOfDragons

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Howdy from another Texan! We’re in the Tyler area. We have hair Sheep. 9 ewes, 13 lambs(keeping 4 of them to add to the flock), 1 fabulous Ram, 4 Horses, a crap load of chickens and the latest hog is in the freezer. 3 dogs, me and my husband. Delighted to have you here! @animalmom is in the Waco area and she has goats. Maybe she is close to you? Anyway, WELCOME!

We are near Round Top, (usually nobody knows where that is unless they are antique lovers!). We want pigs next year but I told the husband we need to figure goats out before moving to the next adventure! Sounds like y’all have a little zoo! Very fun!!

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome and another big howdy from North Central Texas, where as you know "the stars at night are big and bright."

We have Nigerian Dwarf goats, chickens, rabbits, Embden geese, Muscovy ducks and 4 yard dogs who protect us from the other animals.

Always great to see another Texan join the group. I'm in North Central, south westish from Fort Worth... kind of between Fort Worth and Abilene.

Do you get pestered much from the folks who come to see the solstices at the petrographs?

Glad you found us. Tickled pink you are here.

Latest posts