New from Louisiana

Bigdaddyjoela

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Started raising chickens for eggs doing very well for the 4 adult hens of 3 dz a wk, give a few to my neighbors and have about 15 more coming near in a month so I'll be handling out more soon.
Looking to start raising meat rabbits and suggestions would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20220424_190418.jpg
    20220424_190418.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 59

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here's another big howdy from Texas. We raise rabbits for meat. There are several here who do... some raise for pets or wool, so ask any questions you want and we'll get ya some answers.

If you would put your general location on your profile. We don't need your address... unless you are throwing a big party, but knowing your general location is very helpful in answering questions. Some answers are really location specific. For example here in Texas adequate light is not a problem as in we get more than enough where as on the East Coast supplemental light may be needed for rabbits. Our biggest problem here is heat and keeping the bunnies cool which we do with fans and a misting system.

Glad you found us. Looking forward to reading about your adventures in rabbits.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I recommend hanging wire cages, in a barn. Wooden hutches need constant cleaning, wire cages, the pellets pass through. Much easier to keep clean!