New from South Texas

Laidback1

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
New here. Have laying hens and just added a herd of ten Katahdin ewes and protecting them with a jenny donkey. Looking forward to learning and sharing information with folks here.

Mark

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
welcome Mark! Where is south Texas are you? Even though my avatar says southeast Texas, we moved. LOL We used to live in Livingston, 75 miles north of Houston. Now we live north of Tyler. I was born in San Benito, both my parents were raised in The Rio Grande Valley, think waaaay back-during The Depression.....

We have 4 Dorper/Katahdin ewes and a Dorper ram. Would love to hear more about your sheep! @Mike CHS also has Katahdin sheep. Post pictures! We love pictures!

Laidback1

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
baymule,
San Antonio area. Bought my ewes from a breeder near Livingston. They are getting "settled in" and adjusting to the differences in pasture. It's a new world for them.......

Mark

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My niece and her husband live in Hico. Haha, if your sheep came from Livingston, it really is a new world for them! What breeder did you get them from? PM me their information please.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings, welcome and make yourself at home. Glad to have you with us.