New goat mom to a sweet culled pygmy baby girl

Danielle89

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh man :( I did dip her cord in iodine because if was 12 inches long I had to cut it so she would stop getting it wrapped around her feet I sterilized the scissor first though. Can you get the bo-se over the counter like at tsc? And I read somewhere that some ppl use vet rx for the nose?

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's Rx only. I got mine for right about $25. It will last for a while! And most areas are selenium deficient so its good for goats of all ages. I would check and see if your area is selenium deficient first, but even if it isn't, it won't do her any harm to give her a little.
These are just guesses of what she could have. I'm definitely not extremely experienced in these problems (which I think is a good thing) I'm simply just saying what comes to mind when I hear of her symptoms. Hopefully, someone with a bit more experience in this stuff will chime in soon.

Danielle89

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh ok thank you so much! So probably the best thing will be to just take her to the vet then? Will they write prescriptions for thing I need to keep on hand for them if I ask lol I know I sound dumb bit I've never been to a vets office

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If that's what you feel is best for her then go for it! They should be able to give you a better idea of what's going on and how to treat it. And if she means a lot to you, its better safe then sorry. When I'm getting small things from the vet (Bo-Se, Antibiotics, Hormones, etc.) Normally I just call, ask if they have it and how much it is. They normally tell me, and then ask what I'm using it for. Then I pick it up the next day. But, I have a good relationship with my vet. With yours, you may or may not have to go in and fill out a new client forum. You should be able to get the Bo-Se and Antibiotics easily, and just over the phone and they can set it aside for you to pick up. Only way to know would be to call and see. Really hoping this girl will be okay :fl

Danielle89

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh okay awesome thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions :) I really hope she pulls through this mess! I'm just happy she has no fever still lol! I will keep watching her closely and if she's not doing any better by Tuesday I will go ahead and take her in just to be safe since this is a big holiday week :)

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Of course! That's what we're here for :hugs It's great that she is still eating, not running a fever and isn't in terrible shape! A lot of people wait and then when the goat gets very bad, then they will post something and ask for help. Sometimes by then its too late. Good thing you caught it early enough to be able to watch her and know if something starts changing.

Danielle89

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank You! I had a bottle baby give to me about 13 years ago, I had no clue what I was doing with the baby an didn't know anyone that raised them.the lady I got him from was an older lady that was just going to let him die since the mom would take care of him. I couldn't handle it so I brought him home and unfortunately he didn't live but 2 days I found out when I started doing research on our goats that I wasn't feeding him properly :( and that has always stuck out in my mind anytime I've bottle fed anything I've raised several squrilles and last year a newborn kitten (that was tough) I absolutely love animals and will do anything I can for my babies! Hubby said I've got her spoiled and it's true but what could I do lol she needs lots of tlc:)

Danielle89

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
20181118_173330.jpg

Danielle89

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I definitely will :celebrateand this is her spot lol her blanket is being washed she literally will not sleep any where else or with her cover she claimed my son's Minecraft cover lol she will cry until she gets it when she lays down for bed it's the most odd but cute thing I've ever seen. I asked my husband what was going to happen when she's to big for the house an she refuses to be a normal goat lol (I didn't want goats but he did an bought her momma and the mommas mother an the moms sister now I'm in love head over heels with all of them) he said we will figure something out

Latest posts