New goat mom!

kangnguyen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
How To Get Rid Of Weeds Naturally- Easy Tips For All Gardeners

Weeds are uninvited guests in our garden that we all want to get rid of. No matter how careful you take care of your garden, annoying weeds pop up and can become invasive very quickly. While some gardeners choose to reach out for chemical weed killers to get them out of their gardens right away, you can select more environmental-friendly methods. Read on for some of our easy tips below!

⪡⪡⪡ Picked For You:
isUCTij.gif
The best review Thekinglive.com

1. Hand weeding

Grab a pair of gardening gloves and a tool with a forked end that let you dig deep into the soil to remove the roots of weeds. If you struggle to find the lists of top product reviews for tools with a sharp end to kill weeds, get onto Amazon and search for dandelion weeder.

While this is probably the most natural way to kill weeds, it’s the most time-consuming method. If roots remain in the soil, they’re bound to regrow quickly. For weeds with shallow roots, your task is quite simple.

All you need to do is hold the plants and pull gently. For those with deeper roots (like Japanese knotweed, horsetail, or dandelion), we would suggest you loosen the soil by digging a small hole in the soil around the stem; then grasp the stem firmly and pull strongly.

OILA7o7.jpg

2. Use vinegar

Vinegar contains acetic acid, which is the active ingredient that helps to kill weeds. The ideal recipe that has proved to work effectively is one gallon of vinegar mixed with one tablespoon of dish soap and one cup of salt.

While top reviewed books for gardeners do not recommend using salt in killing weed, we insist on using it in this recipe as salt is useful when used cautiously and sparingly. Too much soil and vinegar can change the soil pH. Also, it’s worth noting that salt works best for small-scale gardening.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

❖❖❖ Useful Link: https://twitter.com/Wikikinglive
s1c4gnJ.gif

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

3. Use natural weed preventers

Why wait until the weeds invade your garden and figure out how to kill them naturally? Why not prevent weeds from coming? Natural weed preventers are made from corn gluten meal that can efficiently prevent the growth of annual weeds like chickweed, purslane, or crabgrass. Therefore, gardeners need a proper plan to apply them at the right time of the year.

Amazon products that have proved their effects in preventing weeds are Preen Vegetable Garden Weed Preventer that inhibits the growth of weed seeds with corn protein. Alternatively, you can choose Espoma Organic Weed Preventer, which is also made from corn gluten meal to prevent weeds by inhibiting root development in seedlings.

kJwbLJ1.jpg

4. Use newspapers

Newspapers are probably the most inexpensive method to kill weeds. You do not have to spend your valuable time going through the long lists of best product reviews to find the most suitable natural weed killers or preventers. All you need to do is lay down about eight to ten layers of newspapers on the soil, spray them with water to keep it in place, and then cover with mulch. Newspapers block sunlight; thus, prevent oxygen from reaching the soil, and kill growing weeds.

The bottom line

Gardeners do not need to find the best products on
JdRfCBE.gif
Thekinglive.com to kill weeds, as there are some natural methods to get rid of weeds without harming your soil and your environment. Using vinegar, natural weed preventers, or merely covering the soil with newspaper can help you kill weeds effectively. Click “share” if you like this post, and feel free to leave us comments below.

Last edited:

Demigoddess

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
hooray! The weathers are lucky they will no longer be so neglected. How are they adjusting and what did you name them? How is motherhood treating you?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to BYH...they forgot to mention me, I can also help with goats...but they probably forgot since I’m relatively new here and haven’t brought mine up yet..since I haven’t needed help.

As for the worms..have you decided what route you want to take? You can do chemical deworming..sold at TS...given orally. There are also herbal alternatives. People debate over these types. Which works better. Which one causes the goats to build up their immunities to. Being new to goats as well...I decided to go herbal...I did a lot of research, and for my farming choices..it was just a nice fit. I did not go with the one recommended to me at a different forum, due to cost, a complicated instruction guide/Manuel, etc. I was given the name of Molly’s Herbals from a different farmer. I choose this deworming format because I can use it on all my animals and it is simple.

I rescued my does from a bad farmer who went to jail for neglect of his animals. We took most of his animals. We were luckiy though..somehow they were pretty healthy other than weight issues.

Lice. Is tricky to treat in the winter because you sometimes need to get the goat wet, and treat the barn. I would recommend Cylense ...it goes down the ridge line..so the wethers won’t need to get wet. The barn should probably get sprayed down with permethrin. It’s like $8 at TS in the cattle section. It’s a concentrate. Just dilute and spray the barn walls ...clean out the bedding too, so the lice are dead and the whole thing doesn’t start back up...

These are just tips. I’m new also and might have no clue what I’m talking about so..take it for what it’s worth. The eye..can often mean respiratory? Might check temp? But I’m not sure

but, mostly..congrats...I remember the day we brought my girls home...I was so thrilled! They will bring you sooo much joy! Please, when you get a chance...can you post pictures??

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would recommend taking a fecal sample to the vet for analysis to see what parasites you are dealing with. Then report back here because if it is not a "goat" vet, he/she may not know the best way to go for treatment. I put on latex gloves and take a fecal sample, unless you have a way to restrain the animal, you might not want to do this. keep the gloves handy and wait for them to poop, immediately get a half dozen berries, turn the glove inside out, write goat's name on it with sharpie and place in a zip lock baggie. Keep refrigerated until you take to the vet, the sample will stay good for a couple of days.

I use Garlic Barrier and ivermectin with good results.

http://www.garlicbarrier.com/ click on sheep

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
The eye infection probably needs a vet. You can always try saline washing it until they come out. It may help it get better. For worms and lice, I'm a chemical, once and done (or twice, again 10 days later if needed) kind of person at the moment, so I suggest injectable ivermectin. Usually oral is the best way to administer that. Some areas it doesn't work though, so you'll want to play it by ear, and work with the vet and get fecals before and after. I use eprinex orally, which is a different form of ivermectin, because it doesn't get in milk, and normal ivermectin stopped working for me, and I pair it with safeguard (safeguard @ 1 cc/10 lbs for 3 days, eprinex @ 1cc/20 lbs on day 1). I don't know if this is the best way, or even the right way, but it usually gets a good kill for me in our wet, cold climate. Do not spill the eprinex on you though. Wear gloves, both hands if you decide to go that route. Do not spill it on your clothing. Injectable ivermectin swallowed is the tamer route. I don't remember the rate for that, but it is available for lookup online.

Oh, and red cell for horses is a life saver if you find things headed south.

Good luck getting them shaped up either way.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
they forgot to mention me, I can also help with goats...but they probably forgot since I’m relatively new here and haven’t brought mine up yet..since I haven’t needed help.
That would be 100% correct! Ms DuckAndGoatFarmer ;)
We are all about ALL animals whether they are healthy or in need of assistance ... and no one has ever complained about pictures.