New goat momma in North Carolina

Thhale22366

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am new to owning goats. I got two 8 week old kids yesterday. 1 doeling and 1 buckling. I am going to wether the little boy. How is the best way to do that? There is not a vet around me who will even give advise. So I am in desperate need of help. Also I would love any advise on how to care for and raise my sweeties. Their names are.Tutti and Frutti. Thanks to my grandsons.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH! :frow
Congrats on your new kids.
There are a few vets right in your area. (Nashville)
Drs. C. Younger and Dr K. Logner They breed and show Dairy goats. I have a few friends who use Dr Logner and a member here uses Dr Younger.

Did your breeder give you any care instructions?
What breed of goats are they and are they on the bottle? How old are they?

Thhale22366

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH! :frow
Congrats on your new kids.
There are a few vets right in your area. (Nashville)
Drs. C. Younger and Dr K. Logner They breed and show Dairy goats. I have a few friends who use Dr Logner and a member here uses Dr Younger.

Did your breeder give you any care instructions?
What breed of goats are they and are they on the bottle? How old are they?
He gave me no instructions. They were born first week in January and that their mom had dried up and they were old enough to be weaned. I will call vet in Nashville. He didn't tell me breed either. He had 4 kids he wanted to get rid of so I took 2 of them. I just wanted them for pets.
My babies are scared of me and I am just sitting with them and making no sudden moves and offering apple. Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited:

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from Tn! So glad you joined us. Look around and see what interesting stuff you can find. You'll get to "meet" folks at the same time. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Oh, and we all love pics, so post them anytime you feel the need! Please make yourself at home!

PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me :old will never remember from this post & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!