New guy from Maryland

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello there. I keep rabbits to fertilize my garden and they give me something to worry about. Presently have 5. Going on 4 years still have tons of questions.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know anything about rabbits - but welcome to the forum. Lots of rabbit folks here.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from a neighbor in VA. I don't have rabbits...surly more contained collection points. Chickens. Lots. Coops to scoop. Goats who spread it for me! And goat manures from their barns. Their manure good straight from barns, like rabbits but, I get a lot more! 🙂

Ask away. We have a lot of rabbit and gardening people.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from a neighbor in VA. I don't have rabbits...surly more contained collection points. Chickens. Lots. Coops to scoop. Goats who spread it for me! And goat manures from their barns. Their manure good straight from barns, like rabbits but, I get a lot more! 🙂

Ask away. We have a lot of rabbit and gardening people.
Can't do chickens. I ride by chicken houses everyday... the aroma specially when they spread it oh my. Are you Eastern shore or across the bay?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm across the Bay...50 miles south of VA Beach. Yeah, that stuff from those houses is rank!!! But my gals all free range all day...not the stench of those fed whatever they are. Truly different. And the chickens aren't stinky either. Night and day difference.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tons of difference between commercial chicken houses and a home chicken coop. I believe you would enjoy a half dozen hens, plus the eggs!