Crealcritter

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I guess my plan is to cut the community grapevine off at soil level, pull out the two posts and replace them with RR ties. Use the telephone pole as the third leg of the corner. Run a brace from the telephone pole to the corner and also brace the other RR tie to the corner. All while not messing with the guide wire or my next door neighbors meter main or the underground telephone or the water main or the natural gas line. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it. Heck while I'm at it why not drop a few bags of cement for the RR ties? I mean why not... It couldn't make things any worse than they already are.

BTW... If you happen to hear a big boom don't worry it's just me setting of a few sticks of dynamite because this mess needs to be fixed right. In NC we used to call this a "Hot Mess". Honestly... I have no idea how that telephone pole burst into slivers like that but it sure made a loud boom when it did.

Last edited:

Crealcritter

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I wouldn't use the telephone pole. I'm surprised that you would. You are such a do-it-right kind of guy. AND I would call the 811 number for utilities and have them ALL come out and flag everything. And don't cut down the grape vine. Suck it up and work around it.
Been fretting about it every since I wrote it, but you already knew that...