1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Meet Pearl, New Horse - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by laughingllama75, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Apr 25, 2017
    DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz Loving the herd life

LOL, i noticed that too, and i just subscribed to you journal so i can catch up
    i am also going to subscribe to the VT and ME threads, i am smack dab in the middle of NH so they are both fairly close

2. Nov 6, 2018
    PattyNH

PattyNH Ridin' The Range

Hello from Southern NH! Any other NH folks still around? I have 2 ND goats (a doeling named Lily and a whether named Shen) who are 7 months, 14 chickens (6 weeks - 2.5 yrs), 2 ducks, and a beautiful, deaf, white boxer (Stella Ruby Slippers ). I want to get more goats but probably not until spring - and probably not babies because they are such a nightmare to try to keep penned up! Fortunately they have huge, loving, and amazing personalities that make up for it! :celebrate

Latestarter and B&B Happy goats like this.
  3. Nov 6, 2018
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Loving the herd life

Hey there, i was from NH, but got tired of the cold, grey skys, rain and snow....we have ND here, sure is diffrent than up north...parasite issues living in a hot humid climate....one of my doe's name is Lilly also...hope you all have a easy winter !

PattyNH likes this.
  4. Nov 6, 2018
    PattyNH

PattyNH Ridin' The Range

Thank you! Right now it's been rainy as all get out. The goats hate it. I let them out if the barn after work and I can't tell if the appreciate it or are cursing me but I'm out with them under our patio umbrella. Each area has it's own up/down sides I guess, but right now I'd give a toe for some 70° (heck, 60°!) weather :eek:

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  5. Nov 6, 2018
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Loving the herd life

Girl...i feel your pain !

PattyNH likes this.
  6. Nov 7, 2018
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

Greetings and welcome to BYH Patty, from NE TX! So glad you joined us. I'm originally from MA and spent a lot of time in NH. Was also stationed in Maine for quite a while when I was in the Navy. Sorry I missed this post initially as it didn't "pop up" in the new member area. @Bruce is in northern VT and @RollingAcres is in upstate NY. We have a couple of Main-e-acks here as well. ;) There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

PattyNH and B&B Happy goats like this.
  7. Nov 7, 2018
    PattyNH

PattyNH Ridin' The Range

Thank you! And thank you for your service!! Two of my nephews just got put of the Navy - one was in Norfolk and his younger brother was a submariner and stationed in Washington state. Super excited to be around goat people! I love BYC and am pretty active there but am truly a goat girl at heart lol. I love my little freaks :love

B&B Happy goats and Latestarter like this.
  8. Nov 8, 2018
    RollingAcres

RollingAcres Herd Master

Hello @PattyNH and welcome to BYH! Glad you joined us.
    We have a lot of goat folks here and they are very helpful. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to start a new thread and ask away with your questions.

Latestarter and PattyNH like this.