New Herd Fam

ChiknGordonBlu

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Howdy all,
So we have moved to Southern Cali and got some land with it, family of 5. We currently have no herd animals, just chickens at the mean time. We are going to be expanding and including some herd animals to build up our self sufficiency, up on the list would be goats, pigs and maybe sheep. We of course have no prior experience or knowledge of any of this. Hope I can lean on you all to get some information and knowledge. Thanks in advance and look forward to talking with everybody.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH. I studied this forum for 5 years, living in the middle of a small town north of Houston. finally we moved north of Tyler, Texas on 8 acres. I already had 4 horses, chickens and several dogs and I gardened in my front yard. LOL I learned so much on this forum and am still learning. I got my sheep 5 years ago.

You will get lots of help. Main thing, READ the forums! There is tons of information in past posts. You will learn things that you (at this point) don't even know to ask about. Ask questions as you read along, people here are friendly and will be glad to help.

Please put your general location on your avatar, here and on the other forums. Advice sometimes depends on where you live, climate and so on.

ChiknGordonBlu

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH. I studied this forum for 5 years, living in the middle of a small town north of Houston. finally we moved north of Tyler, Texas on 8 acres. I already had 4 horses, chickens and several dogs and I gardened in my front yard. LOL I learned so much on this forum and am still learning. I got my sheep 5 years ago.

You will get lots of help. Main thing, READ the forums! There is tons of information in past posts. You will learn things that you (at this point) don't even know to ask about. Ask questions as you read along, people here are friendly and will be glad to help.

Please put your general location on your avatar, here and on the other forums. Advice sometimes depends on where you live, climate and so on.
Awesome, thank you very much, will do with the location. Yeah I spend as much time on this and all the sister forums I can.

Latest posts