new Here and need some help with a stumbling baby

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well Duh is at the vet right now. He's lying next to another calf who is getting some IV fluids. Just waiting for the vet to call with a verdict. I've cleaned out all the straw and everything from the chicken coop where we've been keeping him and sprayed everything down with a bleach solution, so now just waiting to hear the verdict and the bill.

Duh is at the vet for the night. He has the scours and they want him to spend the night so he stays at least in a room at 50 degrees, which is fine with me, I just want him healthy :) So I call in the mornin to see how he's doing.

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm supposed to call the vet in about two hours. I'm impatiently waiting for the time to tick by.

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Roy to get home so we can go pick Duh up. Have to give him some oral antibiotics but he is doing great!!! Just got done hanging a tarp and setting up a heat lamp to keep his little area of the chicken coop warmer for the next few days. Vet is staying around 50-60, seems kinda high since he has his winter coat. I'm excited to go get him!

Vicky

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Good news. he had the scours. he's good to go. Brought him home this afternoon, have to give him oral and sub-Q antibiotics for the next three days.

He has a bum leg from being in the birth canal too long. The vet feels that it will straight out on it's own and he's bouncing around like he should be so we're pretty happy.

He's still pretty "Duh" tho. :)

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to hear! :D Most calves are a little dumb the first little bit until they start figgering things out. He's just a baby after all. :)

Latest posts