New Here

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all the nice pics! Is that stream in your back yard? I would so love to have year round running water on my land. I have a wet weather "river" that can go from puddles to 8-10' deep and 20' across after substantial rains.
Yes the stream is in the backyard, basically at the end of the property. It definitely gets deeper with more rain. Our chickens like the stream as well as our grandkids.

Farmer Connie

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
frow-bigger.gif

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today is the day. My husband and I are going to go see the puppy. @Baymule, I read all your posts about Paris and I'm not sure if I'm excited or scared. I'm not sure that I'm as good as you. Hopefully, this puppy won't be a problem child, lol. I know about those teenage months. We are going to meet her, see how she's been raised and with what. We are going with money in hand but aren't absolutely sure we'll buy her if it doesn't feel right. If she was a rescue that needed a new home and was dropped in our laps, it'd be a different story.

I'm getting animal envy looking at all of the animals y'all have. I've always been an animal lover but haven't ever lived anywhere that I could have anything besides dogs and years ago when the kids where little rabbits. I'd love a few goats or sheep but I'm not sure we can have those. We aren't in the country. I can imagine adding rabbits and possibly a few ducks. Only time will tell.

Back to the puppy, keep your fingers crossed, say a little prayer that we have the sense to know if she will be the right fit.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fingers crossed, prayers are sent. I knew nothing about LGD’s except what I read here, when we got Paris. She had been mishandled and was a messed up dog, so she came with baggage. This puppy will not have the problems Paris had. This forum educated me and the wonderful people here let me tap their knowledge.

When you get home with her, start a new thread and post pictures!!

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Fingers crossed, prayers are sent. I knew nothing about LGD’s except what I read here, when we got Paris. She had been mishandled and was a messed up dog, so she came with baggage. This puppy will not have the problems Paris had. This forum educated me and the wonderful people here let me tap their knowledge.

When you get home with her, start a new thread and post pictures!!
We are on our way...

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:barnie:barnie Link to the new thread please? :love to see puppy pics! I got it! https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/we-did-it.37990/
Congrats and sincere best wishes! I'm sure you'll absolutely LOVE your LGD. They are independent and "different" than any other kind of dog, but sooooo awesome! Be gentle and not too quick to judge or chastise. They are super intelligent and free thinkers.