Firstlamb

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi new to the sheep ! Have 5 girls

Last edited:

Firstlamb

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! I’m new to sheep this year, too. So many helpful, experienced folks here.
What kind of sheeps do you have if u don’t mind me asking ! we have 3 suffolk lambs about 5 months old . They are so sweet and tame also we have 2 no hair Katahdin sheep that are 3 to 5 year old momma sheep that are pregnant or so we We were told when we bought them lol I’m extremely ignorant to this . so finding out all kinds a useful things is nice It’s hard to find out things about sheep when the Internet is so contradicting and then everyone in Missouri don’t know jack about sheep’s ! 😅

D and L Meadows

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! 😊 I have a small flock of Finn sheep.
38E684A5-639A-4A0F-9B33-27AA1B4D7224.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. We have Katahdin hair Sheep for 5 years.

Coolbreeze89

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What kind of sheeps do you have if u don’t mind me asking ! we have 3 suffolk lambs about 5 months old . They are so sweet and tame also we have 2 no hair Katahdin sheep that are 3 to 5 year old momma sheep that are pregnant or so we We were told when we bought them lol I’m extremely ignorant to this . so finding out all kinds a useful things is nice It’s hard to find out things about sheep when the Internet is so contradicting and then everyone in Missouri don’t know jack about sheep’s ! 😅

In January, I got triplet Barbados Blackbelly ewes. They were 10 days old, so I was bottle feeding them all for weeks! It was quite an experience. They are so sweet. Yesterday I picked up a dorper/Katahdin ram lamb that was born premature and orphaned. He’s 3+ weeks old now (they waited to sell him until they felt confident he would survive). He’s very active and eating great. I have Nigerian Dwarf goats that I love, but I have really come to appreciate sheep and their unique personalities.

In addition, I have 2 pot belly pigs, 3 kunekune pigs, 3 dozen chickens, 10 Muscovy ducks, and 3 LGDs. Everyone is ridiculously spoiled as they are my farm pets. :love

Firstlamb

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Omg that’s a lot of pets wow how do u keep up !!!!! And I’m jealous i want a little zoo !!!! a little of everything wish I had a lot more land and as for your Goats my neighbor hates them and says they smell bad and they are mean and trash your yard ! she talked me out of getting one 😖 I wanted to get a milk goat so that if my Sheep wouldn’t take a lamb I would have milk on hand is what it is I guess ..... I think that was just her experience .

Firstlamb

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
HI, I am new to sheep too and I will be getting 4 haired sheep. 1 male and 3 females!! Can't wait. I will need some advice on them!
I can offer everything I know ask away !

Latest posts