New here...

sparkles2307

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi! We live in Northern MN and have Angus (I am working on something more fun like British Whites, or Normande, but my DH is set in his ways) and I have a few goats, ducks, and am working on a big chicken project. The girls are calving, a few a day, and I wanted to share some pics since I am new and all!
277_march2009_008.jpg
jumping
277_march2009_009.jpg

277_march2009_013.jpg
peek-a-boo
277_march2009_020.jpg
got Milk?
277_march2009_026.jpg
the older calf pen...

Enjoy!!!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:welcome

We love pics-post all you want!

You had better take a look again in your older calf pen. I see two little ones! :)

We have another member whose DH is being difficult on the breed of cattle at their place too. They are to be all black. She would like some color or markings so they don't all look alike.

sparkles2307

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
LOL to us "older" means 5 or more days... those are the big kids compared to the 2 day olds who cant run and jump. The ones all crowded at the outside gate are last years heifer calves all angry that their mommies have new babies...

sparkles2307

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So far this calving I have had to jump the fence twice and ran as fast as I could go around the pen as the "insane one" keeps thinking I am after her calf that I am NEVER close to... uf dah! We have several nice mommies who let us pet the calves and take nice close pics without any issues... which is good for angus who are all supposed to be nuts!
I have an affinity for rare and heritage breeds...which my husbands says are rare because they are stupid... silly farmer...

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Welcome to the board!

I'm the one in the battle of the breeds with the Hubby too! He wants black limo! I want some color and big ears!
He claims he's given in a little, he now says I can have any breed I want, as long as it's black and does not have big ears!
Hmm..

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
thewife said:
Welcome to the board!

I'm the one in the battle of the breeds with the Hubby too! He wants black limo! I want some color and big ears!
He claims he's given in a little, he now says I can have any breed I want, as long as it's black and does not have big ears!
Hmm..
well you know i have something thats black.but he has them big ears.