New Idea - Breed Focus Threads - Feedback Needed

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey amazing BYH members, we've got an idea we'd like to get your thoughts and feedback on!

Sumi had worked on an AMAZING project on BYC called "Featured Breeds" where she created a thread for each breed of chicken with general informaion, links, and discussions. It's been a great resource over there and we thought it might be a good idea to do something simlar here, but for different breeds of herd animals, focusing on the most common and/or interesting breeds.

Once we have a good set of threads we'd like to introduce a weekly "Breed Focus" featured thread to bring to the fore the various breeds our visitors are most curious about and wanting to discuss in detail.

Check it out here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chicken-breed-focus-project.975504/post-15189194

A few questions:
  1. What are your thoughts on this idea?
  2. Using Sumi's great examples on BYC, what would you like to see in these breed focus threads?
  3. Which breeds would you like to see us focus on first?
  4. Any volunteers wanting to help start these threads?
I'm looking forward to your thoughts and ideas!!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. I love goats and breed focus threads would definitely get people chatting and sharing all their experiences and knowledge about specific breeds. Examples I'd like to read about are Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Pigmy, etc.

Madhouse Pullet

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would be very interested. I love cows and it would be fun to learn more about the different breeds, including other farm animals, origins, and purposes....
And of course pictures :)

Latest posts