New in Mi

Robyn8

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello my name is Robyn. I'm also on backyardchickens with same username if you see me over there. I live in Southeast Michigan (Ann Arbor area) on 10 acres. We have our first flock of chickens and hope to add goats in a few years. We getting our first Great Pyrenees in a few weeks to help protect our flock from daytime predators. We have 4 buff Orpington pullets, 1 silkie cockerel, 3 indoor pet rabbits, 3 indoor cats, 1 terrier mix and 2 human kids...busy busy over here!

Robyn8

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Right now I'm thinking we'll start with a pair of Nigerian dwarfs (either two wethers or a female and a wether). There's a really awesome dairy out here that uses Nigerian dwarfs and they have lots of kids every spring. It's a great place and they offer lots of support so I was thinking I'll get a pair from them.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NW Mississippi!!.:frow just a tad south of ya there...tho my wife is from Gaylord, Cadillac, and Mt Morris areas...we met while truck driving. We have goats, chickens, ducks, and cats. Sounds like ya have a good start going there on your 10acres with room to Grow nicely. Don't be bashful about posting pics, cause we all sure enjoy "Peeking" at others animals and set-ups. Something that will help ya greatly is to add your general location on your banner. When asking for help, advice, or opinions it will give others a better idea of possibilities to consider. There are several members here that are in your general area....just N of you there towards the U P. You will find quite a bit of info that is already in the existing "Threads", but never hesitate to ask. Many here are dual memebers too with BYC...again:welcome

Robyn8

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here's our soon to be new addition Ranger!

Attachments

• IMG_2904.JPG
    IMG_2904.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 61