New in Northeast TX

Goat Shaman

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a backyard herd of 5 goats. Their names are Ronin, Periwinkle, Wanda, Imzadi, and Bambina. Each are individuals and have their own story. I wasn't raised in the country, and I got my first goats the day after Christmas on 2013, so I'm a relative newbie. I really enjoy country living; and I'm definitely not a city slicker. It may be due to the fact that I'm highly introverted and love animals and nature, but then again, we're all different. Someday, I'd like to get pigs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I am north of Tyler. @Devonviolet is between Sulphur Springs and Winnsboro, @Latestarter is just out of Mount Pleasant. Where abouts are you located? We just might have to have a get together!

Put Northeast Texas in your Avatar, it helps others to know your general location!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Shoot Fahr! Just hop on Highway 80 and head to Mineola, we're 9 miles away! Yup! We're definitely gonna have to have a gathering and visit, eat a lot, visit some more and talk chickens, goats, sheep, dogs, horses and gardens!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well! Welcome from another East Texan!

I, too, have five goats: 2 LaMancha Dairy goats, and 3 kids from the girl's freshening this past Spring: 2 weather's & 1doeling.

My DH and I moved to Dallas, from Pennsylvania in June of 2014, following our DD, who moved there in 2012. We leased a tiny apartment, for 6 months, so we could look for land with a house on it. In Oct. Of that same year, we found this 5 acres & started getting animals. In addition to goats, we bought 2 awesome LGD's, lots of chickens and now have 3 different breeds of ducks and a breeding pair of geese.

We got our dairy goats last Feb. And now that I'm milking them, I'm having all kinds of fun making cheese, Kefir and butter. :celebrate

There are several of us here in TX & every once in a while we get together and have a great ol' time eating good food & talking homesteading.

Last edited:

Goat Shaman

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have quite a mixed herd. I'll be talking about my goats and sharing pictures in the goat forum. :cool:

I'd like to post pictures of my goats. Can I do that on this thread?

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY!!!! Pictures are welcome! Actually, they are ENCOURAGED! Anytime! Anywhere you get the urge to show off your little (or big) darlin's!!!!

I'll start. Here are my three kids from this past Spring. The bigger tan one is Woody. The solid chocolate one is Linden. And the chocolate with white on her back is my little doeling, Angelica.
0924170816c.jpg

This is Falina. She is Woody's mama.
0518171011-1.jpg

This is Ruby. She is Linden & Angelica's mama.
0518171023.jpg

Last edited: