NEW KIDS WITH CROOKED FRONT LEG/FEET

danetschool

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
If she has an udder she is pregnant. Just wait - they will arrive! Everyone says feel the ligaments butin 35 yers I have hnever bleeen ab to tell that way. i watch the udder and vulva. When it gets soft, wobbly, and darker pink she is close. If you think she is due now, you can check her teats and she might have a few drops of colostrum come out. I don't bother with that because I don't want to squeeze out the good stuff! LOL
I am glad I'm not the only one that can't tell by the ligaments. The udder is getting bigger and, yes, she is pregnant, but as to when I've no idea; wait and wait some more I guess.

danetschool

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Any time you have a question or need help, just bring it to the forum. Bent legs, udder, pregnant or not, You will get the help and answers you need.

Sounds like y'all are about to be grand-goaties again!
Looks that way; grampa to goat kids and pups and ducks and... The wife and I are critter people.

Legamin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It looks like this is exactly what the problem was. The leg/feet look quite normal now and the kids are well able to keep up with Mom as she tours the backyard. What fun to watch the kids gambol and play; such a hoot! I am much relieved that the leg issue resolved itself and the kids are hardy and healthy. Thank you.
Great to hear! Best of luck.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have ewes that bag up like a soccer ball for WEEKS! Yes, that will make you crazy!

danetschool

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Our doe that never showed had two doe kids this morning. The second kid was born at eight AM and Pepper is still having strong contractions; a third kid. It has been over two hours since the second kid was born and I'm worried. How long is too long?

danetschool

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Assume you saw the afterbirth? Yes. That process has contractions like the kids arriving. It's what cleans them out well. 😊

Now the dog???? And you thought retirement was a quiet time? 🤣🤞
I had thought the afterbirth had been expelled, apparently not all of it. All seems well now. These new kids have the same crooked feet with birth, but now I know not to be concerned about it. The first two are doing great and run like the wind.

The dog, Sally, is a first time Mom, so it's likely to be a long time before any puppies are born. We'll probably be up all night again...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new kids. You are getting to be an old hand at this now. Wish you and your dog the best, a litter of strong healthy puppies.