New member from Georgia!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! You have come to the right place if you like animals, especially goats. There is the best goat forum on the internet right here on BYH!
I'll say! That's the truth!!! I have learned so much from BYH's members. Everyone seems so willing to share what they know, so we can all be better livestock (& poultry) owners! And people here are so nice! Some sites, the members can get a bit snarky. Not here! No question is a stupid question. And people are nice when they answer.

"We parish, for lack of knowledge" is so true, and people here want others to succeed, so they share their knowledge!

Kathi Davis

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Welcome from Iowa. We have Boer goats right now and are waiting on three Nigerian Dwarf goats to come home when their mommies are ready to wean. Waiting is the worst part. Your goats are super cute. I have only had goats for two years and this will be the first with the dwarfs. I was bitten and have the goat sickness. My son says I have an addiction. But how can you not they are so cute.
We also have more than 20 ducks, a handful of Silky Chickens, 3 different breeds of Bantam chickens (d'Uccle, Old English, and Cochins), two dogs, and a rabbit. Welcome and enjoy the goats. Remember we love pictures

Kathi Davis

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you all for the comments and warm welcomes! 20 acres sounds amazing! We would love to have something like that one day. If everything goes good, we hope to have some healthy babies about this time next year. :) You guessed it, Dottie has the spots, lol. We just bought her saturday. She will be 7 weeks on Friday! :)
Dottie is the cutest. It almost looked like she was in a spotted onsie for a second. VERY cute.

Niki Forsyth

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from Iowa. We have Boer goats right now and are waiting on three Nigerian Dwarf goats to come home when their mommies are ready to wean. Waiting is the worst part. Your goats are super cute. I have only had goats for two years and this will be the first with the dwarfs. I was bitten and have the goat sickness. My son says I have an addiction. But how can you not they are so cute.
We also have more than 20 ducks, a handful of Silky Chickens, 3 different breeds of Bantam chickens (d'Uccle, Old English, and Cochins), two dogs, and a rabbit. Welcome and enjoy the goats. Remember we love pictures

We had a nigerian dwarf goat. She was really sweet and easy to milk.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here's another big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State, where the stars at night are big and bright! Glad you found us and look forward to reading about your adventures with your herd. Pictures will never, ever be turned down! Please and thank you.

Niki Forsyth

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you all! I'm still touring the site on my phone. I'm not sure where to go to add a thread..I see where you can add a status update and where you can comment on other post..any suggestions?