New member here from Missiouri

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to the site, and found it by frantically searching for cheap goat projects for ideas for my upcoming farm.
To get a feel for the questions im going to be asking and such(since im going to be asking a lot xD), I live in Missouri, in complete no where from all sides right next to a high way, and I'm still in high school, a freshmen actually. I got into wanting to be a goat farmer because of the FFA, which I was first going to do cows, but decided against it because Cows are giant animals that could injure me a lot more than a disbudded goat could.

The goats I'm planning on breeding, milking and raising are Nigerian Dwarfs, and i'm planning on getting 2 or 3 to start with. I currently don't have goats, but I do care for my grandparents' horses whom live right behind my home, and I breed my loyal dog, Penny to get some money as well. I decided to join this site because i'd thought what better way to get advice since I know absolutely no one who owns and breeds goats then go online to find some.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH! :frow There are quite a few "younger" "farmers" on the site that have everything from rabbits and fish to horses, cows, just you name it, and you'll find it represented here someplace... :D =D We do have a very active goat community on here and there's a wealth of information, experience, knowledge and what-all posted in the various goat threads. I hope you'll take some time and browse (get it? browse?) around the site and make yourself right at home! If you have questions, by all means post them and you'll generally have some answers or at least feedback within a very short period of time. Great to have you with us!

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! I have sheep, but there's lot of people here with goats. Is there anyone in your FFA group that has goats?

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Not that I know of @norseofcourse I think most have pigs, horses, dogs, and cows, or work on farms.

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to BYH! You came to the right place if you're looking for information! :) I went to MO one time. I live in WV though. Anyway, feel free to post any and all questions you may have.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from AK!!

I am a frozen popsicle right now until it warms up (13 Degrees).

We have goats and plan on having a mule, more goats, kune kune pigs, chickens and ducks. We hope if possible dorper sheep.

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It's good to meet you all!

Reactions: TAH

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You came to the right place! Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to learn about goats.