New Member Neelie Nix

Neelie Nix

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is neelie nix I am from brookhaven ms. My husband and I own a small farm. Our farm is called southern creations we have 4 goats (looking to get more) 2 horse 2 ponies chickens 5 dogs 2 cats and as of lately 2 hermit crabs ha. We are new to goats and are trying to start our breeding organization out slow. We have a boki billy and a kiko nanny and a kiko mix nanny. Our main goal for the goats is to have milk and meat. We had our first kid around june. It was a billy so we had to sell him.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello and welcome from VA. Hope all goes well for you, we love pictures -- keep that in mind. :D =D

Guess by now you realize you could have castrated the young bucking and grown him out for meat. Is that "boki" a Boer & Kiko cross? I raised Boer for several years...way back when & I like the breed. Of late I have considered buying a few Boer does just to raise & sell kids. Not there yet. I still intend to keep my dairy herd going, so a lot the think about.

Enjoy the forum, lots of info and good people here.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Our main goal for the goats is to have milk and meat.
followed by
We had our first kid around june. It was a billy so we had to sell him.

HUH? :th If you had a buck goat kid, you should have wethered him and grew him out for the freezer. That's how you get meat from them thar goats! :old;) Welcome once again! :)

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Howdy Neelie Nix. Really don't think I want to milk a goat :sick Go slow good fencing pays for it's self many times over . Good luck and make sure you check with the USDA office, in your area . If you haven't already. Always good to know all the rules and regulations you need to follow . Picked up my free scrapie tags this week. The agent was a world of good information . We pretty much covered ever farm animal and poultry .

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
welcome.jpg