New member!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frow HELLO @BantammChick, from beautiful, HOT North East Texas! Let me be the first to welcome you to BYH!

So, in what area are you located? It's helpful, if you put your location in your profile information. That way, if you have a question about your animals, people in your area could possibly help better than someone from a different geographical location.

You've come to the right place to learn about animals. We have lots of friendly, knowledgable goat and chicken people, and many of us have cats and dogs as well. Is your dog a house dog? Farm dog? LGD (Livestock Guardian Dog)? What breed(s) go goat do you have? I have two LaMancha dairy goats, that I milk once a day. I recently started making cheese and am having a blast. :celebrate

Don't hesitate to chime in if someone asked a question and you know the answer, or can at least add to the discussion.

BantammChick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am in southern Missouri.My dog's name is Bolt,he is a LDG,a great Pyrenees. We have kiko goats.I want a milk goat,though.It sounds great to have a milk goat and make cheese!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool! I think Kiko's are great meat goats. They have great parasite resistance. If I ever get meat goats, it will be Kiko's.

We have two Maremma LGDs, and love the job they do, protecting our goats, chickens and ducks.

I have wanted to have dairy goats, so I could milk and make cheese, for years. This past February, we finally got our two does, and after they kidded, I was able to start milking. I currently get about 1/2 gallon, of milk every morning. We are in the process of weaning the kids, so I'm looking forward to getting even more milk. :celebrate

One more thing and then I'm heading for bed! Pictures! We LOVE to see pictures! Please post pics of your dog, goats, chickens & kitty!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH from sunny and very very hot (hotter than TX :D) Northern CA. I have goats, chickens, guineas, ducks, dogs, and cats. I like my dairy goats so much that I built them their very own dairy. What an adventure.

This is a great place to hangout and "meet" new friends. Glad that you joined us.

BantammChick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is bantam,I have 32 chickens,total.I love them all but bantam is my favorite! Here is also a picture of Bolt.
DSCN4718.JPG
DSCN4718.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN4171.JPG
    DSCN4171.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 63

BantammChick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is Sicky. He is one of my favorite goats. We rescued him,his mamma goat did not take him.He is a bottle goat.Here is a picture of sicky.:love
SAM_2697.JPG

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can see why you love your Bantam. He sure is a pretty boy! And Bolt has such a sweet face. I can see he is happy, by that smile. How old is he? Is he a good LGD?

Pointhorn is a good looking goat, for sure! How old is he? Wether or buck? And Sicky looks like a sweetie! His horns haven't grown out, so I'm guessing he is a kid. How old? Is he a wether?

Are you raising your Kikos for meat? Butchering goats is very hard, as they are so cute, as kids. So, it is hard to not get attached to them. We just sold four wethers, because I couldn't bring myself to butcher and eat them. I am trying to change my mindset, though, as I can't keep every kid I get, when I freshen my dairy goats.

BantammChick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bolt is just a year old.His birthday was July 4th!:cool:He's really sweet with the goats.When he was a puppy he would chase the goats,but he's gotten so much better.He follows this one baby named spot all around!:lol: The only thing Bolt doesn't like is when a goat tries to eat his food! Pointhorn is actually a doe,Sicky is her kid. She is such a tame goat,she loves treats! Sicky is a whether. Sicky is just a few months old.I haven't had goats for a whole year yet,so I really haven't done much with them ,but they're for milk and meat,and some are just so cute,we'll keep them forever.This is a picture of my buck.His name is Billy.
Billy willy.JPG