walkonfarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello very one. I have a small horse rescue and raise dairy goats and sheep. Have some chickens both standard and bantams and a couple of ducks. Have been raising goats for over 40 years. Most of my goats are dairy along with a couple of angora. I have both wool and hair sheep. Also have a couple of cows. The sheep and goats have their livestock guardian dogs.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE TX! So glad you joined us. We have a great group of goat folks and sheeple here. Actually, all the folks here are pretty decent. Nice to have another join with years of experience. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello! :frow

Welcome from another NE Texan! So nice of you to join us. Wow! You have a lot of irons in the fire. Well, truth be told, we at BYH (Backard Herders) all tend to have a lot of irons in the fire. I think that’s what makes us attracted to this lifestyle. Nothing boring about raising chickens, goats, sheep, horses, etc.

DH and I moved to Texas, in 2014, from PA, following our daughter, who had moved to Dallas in 2012. We have 4 dairy goats, a meatgoat buckling, too many chickens and ducks to count, a pair of geese, and a cranky turkey hen, as well as 2 amazing Maremma LGDs. As if that wasn’t enough, I started selling at our local farmers market this past Spring. My products include: gluten and dairy free baked goods and natural personal care produts - like goat milk lotion, spray on deodorant and insect repellant, as well as jams and jellies, to name a few. The list keeps growing! :ep

Please do tell us where you are located and don’t hesitate to chime in when someone asks a horse, sheep or goat question. With all your years of experience, your advice would be very welcome.

Once again . .. .:welcome

Last edited: