ILIKEGOATS

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi I am new to keeping livestock and I wanted to get some goats but u don’t have a farm but I do have a big backyard any tips, breeds, gender etc will be appreciated

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. I have Nigerian Dwarf goats. I'm a relative newbie. They are lots of fun and work. Here are 3 of mine.

53655FA3-60D8-427E-BBE4-224E3211810B.JPG

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
@ILIKEGOATS,

Welcome to BackYardHerds! You will find a lot of smart people on this forum who know a lot about goats. You have met two of them above. Others who know a lot are Miss @B&B Happy goats, Miss @rachels.haven, among others. If you are willing to share, please let us know in what part of the country are you located so the advice can be better tailored to meet your needs. Once you get familiar with the site, you might consider starting your own journal. To do so, go to "Forums", then near the bottom you will find the "Social" grouping, then the forum "Members "BackYardHerds" Journals".

Senile Texas Aggie

ILIKEGOATS

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Th
@ILIKEGOATS,

Welcome to BackYardHerds! You will find a lot of smart people on this forum who know a lot about goats. You have met two of them above. Others who know a lot are Miss @B&B Happy goats, Miss @rachels.haven, among others. If you are willing to share, please let us know in what part of the country are you located so the advice can be better tailored to meet your needs. Once you get familiar with the site, you might consider starting your own journal. To do so, go to "Forums", then near the bottom you will find the "Social" grouping, then the forum "Members "BackYardHerds" Journals".

Senile Texas Aggie
thank you I am from Australia

ILIKEGOATS

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio!

Personally, Nigerians are my favorite, but if you like Nubians, you could look into Mini Nubians. They are a bit smaller and their milk tastes much better than a regular Nubian. Here’s some of ours:
View attachment 73543View attachment 73544
Wow your goats are cute, i was meant to say I was getting mini nubians well that’s what the breeder said at least