New Neighbors.......

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh no!!! Our new neighbors just started moving in today! I don't mind new neighbors, but between their young child screaming and their yappy little dog, my Pyr, Sheba, is barking almost nonstop tonight! I don't feel I should correct her, but how do I let her know that the neighbors and their dog are not a threat? Sheba and her pups, Hondo and Cara are loose in our fenced part of our property all night. I'm hoping the neighbor's dog goes inside at night.....but I can still hear him outside barking and it's almost 10pm...I get up at 3:45am.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
There will certainly be an adjustment period.....as ya can see from my avatar we have a gsd and this past year has gone from 20acres to an RV park to a half acre lot, to our house on a little more than an acre with no fence.....we live in a neighborhood on the outskirts of town....with children walking the streets and cars zipping by. It has taken her a while to become calmer and less barky. We continue to work with her, but do not scold her to shut up.....we thank her for drawing our attention to whatever it is and use okay....it is okay, we hear/see it, thanks.....she has made great strides in this area, but we want her to bark at the important things and whenever she barks there is a reason.....people walking the street cross the road when they get to our house....:).....I would introduce yourself to the neighbor and explain the situation and if they agree introduce the dog to them so they have their scent in their "data banks" and it should lessen the warning barks....otherwise, it will take a little time until the "new routine" is gotten used to....wish ya the Best!!....:)

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully, Sheba wasn't barking as much as their dog after a little while. I think they finally took their dog inside at some point because I didn't hear him this morning.
We have 5 acres, they have 6, but both properties run long not wide.
I may go over this weekend to welcome them and tell them about our animals....I work in dog rescue and have 7 indoor dogs that go out in the same area at different times of the day. Hopefully they are animal lovers!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh no!!! Our new neighbors just started moving in today! I don't mind new neighbors, but between their young child screaming and their yappy little dog, my Pyr, Sheba, is barking almost nonstop tonight! I don't feel I should correct her, but how do I let her know that the neighbors and their dog are not a threat? Sheba and her pups, Hondo and Cara are loose in our fenced part of our property all night. I'm hoping the neighbor's dog goes inside at night.....but I can still hear him outside barking and it's almost 10pm...I get up at 3:45am.
Fortunately, there are some things you can do to make that pup clam up and get the peace and quiet you need
Talk to your neighbour about it, Block the dog's view, make friends and be present, Use a dog whistle or sonic training device. try to do this first. we don't want to file a noise complaint, do we?

Latest posts