New Neighbors.......

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Did you ever go meet the new neighbors?
No, I haven't. My husband went over and met them when they first moved in. Things have calmed down a lot. My dogs still bark at their dog or children when they are out, but not excessively. If I think they've been barking too much I kennel them for a bit.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
No, I haven't. My husband went over and met them when they first moved in. Things have calmed down a lot. My dogs still bark at their dog or children when they are out, but not excessively. If I think they've been barking too much I kennel them for a bit.
We always chat with our neighbours, we usually share food, harvest, fish, and fruits, Its a practice here in the Philippines.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh no!!! Our new neighbors just started moving in today! I don't mind new neighbors, but between their young child screaming and their yappy little dog, my Pyr, Sheba, is barking almost nonstop tonight! I don't feel I should correct her, but how do I let her know that the neighbors and their dog are not a threat? Sheba and her pups, Hondo and Cara are loose in our fenced part of our property all night. I'm hoping the neighbor's dog goes inside at night.....but I can still hear him outside barking and it's almost 10pm...I get up at 3:45am.
Sometimes, strangers will make any tame dog a howler, have you checked online for alternatives on what to do with the dogs? I know there is some kind of tool to make her quiet down. without you correcting her.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh no!!! Our new neighbors just started moving in today! I don't mind new neighbors, but between their young child screaming and their yappy little dog, my Pyr, Sheba, is barking almost nonstop tonight! I don't feel I should correct her, but how do I let her know that the neighbors and their dog are not a threat? Sheba and her pups, Hondo and Cara are loose in our fenced part of our property all night. I'm hoping the neighbor's dog goes inside at night.....but I can still hear him outside barking and it's almost 10pm...I get up at 3:45am.
How was it now? do the dogs still bother? It really reminded me when our new neighbor moved in, What is it with new neighbors and their dogs? It's like a normal combination.