New Nigerian Dwarf owner - Hey guys (and gals)!

Sugaree

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi!

I am excited to have found a group for fellow goat lovers! I hope you all can help me along the way. :)

My name is Niki, I live in southern Ohio with my family - Dan, Josh, Kaylin, and Sierra, our new baby goats Bayliss (13 wks, M), Bella (11 wks, F), Banshee (5 wks, F), & Brandywine (3 wks, F), plus our flock of chickens and turkeys! Banshee and Brandy are our bottle babies, the first we ever have had. I'm so nervous I'm doing something wrong and we'll lose them... It's amazing how quickly you can come to love a goat!

In any case, looking forward to 'meeting' you guys and learning more about these loveable, funny animals. I'm sure there's lots to learn, lol.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi!

I am excited to have found a group for fellow goat lovers! I hope you all can help me along the way. :)

My name is Niki, I live in southern Ohio with my family - Dan, Josh, Kaylin, and Sierra, our new baby goats Bayliss (13 wks, M), Bella (11 wks, F), Banshee (5 wks, F), & Brandywine (3 wks, F), plus our flock of chickens and turkeys! Banshee and Brandy are our bottle babies, the first we ever have had. I'm so nervous I'm doing something wrong and we'll lose them... It's amazing how quickly you can come to love a goat!

In any case, looking forward to 'meeting' you guys and learning more about these loveable, funny animals. I'm sure there's lots to learn, lol.
Welcome. I am glad you are enjoying it here so far.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Welcome to BYH! :frow

I notice one of your dwarfs is a male. If he is not a wether and is intact you must separate him from the girls. Your dwarf does can cycle by 8-12 weeks and he could impregnate them. They are too young to be bred and it wouldn't be good.

Lots of us have dwarfs here too! :)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH! Lots of great goat folks here and a wealth of info, knowledge and experiences (good and bad) shared in the threads. Browse around a while :caf and make yourself at home! Like someone else said, we all love to see pics, if you have some to share. Glad you joined!