*update video pg 7* Newfreewill Rabbit Adventure

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Onyx enjoying his hide hole. When we get the other hutch done he will not have one. But as long as he doesn't poop or pee in it we leave it open for him. SAM_2657.JPGSAM_2667.JPGhe is my husbands favorite :pSAM_2671.JPG

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ruby <3 She hasn't figure out to go on her shelf. I put a few sunflower seeds up there but she hasn't found them yet.SAM_2661.JPGSAM_2663.JPGSAM_2664.JPG this what she does when I check on the kit. She watches me the whole time:p

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is ruby's kit. Last night around 5pm he was running around the cage, I put him back in the nesting box before we went to bed, i'm not sure if he could get back in...SAM_2672.JPGSAM_2674.JPG

And then topaz (he does not like pictures :p)SAM_2660.JPG

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
And little Sapphire :]

Attachments

• SAM_2651.JPG
    SAM_2651.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 100
  • SAM_2655.JPG
    SAM_2655.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 103

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thought i should do a update :]
Ruby is doing great. She is getting a little chunky looking so when we wean the kit she will be going on a diet. We are hoping to breed her right after we wean the kit.

Ruby's kit is a little piggy just like its momma. Every time I go into the garage it hits the food bowl and tries to eat the food before I close the door (the food bowl is on the door) it. I caught him yesterday as he was falling out. I'm hoping to try to figure out the sex next week...

Onyx has lost his food bowl and hay rack privileges. He some how removed not only the bowl but the hanger that held the bowl and the hay rack.... we put his pellets on his shelf now and his hay just goes on the floor of the cage. He is currently on a diet, since he was dumping his food my husband was feeding him extra.... Onyx met our dogs yesterday. I think the dogs where more scared of him then he was lol.

Sapphire is doing great she is growing pretty quick and has started to lose her baby fluff.

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Breeding Ruby to Topaz today. He fell off once and then seemed to be less interested. took her out and then put her back in after an hour and he did started humping her again but got distracted when my husband moved in front of the cage.... So we will put her back in again tonight and hopeful the best.:fl.

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welp he fell off at least one more time. Then he got distracted by us standing by the door so we gave them a little privacy. When we walked back in he was humping her face and Ruby had enough and no longer lifted for him. We will put them back together tomorrow morning just to make sure.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I have a doe that I am concerned will be compliant, I locate the doe and buck in close proximity over night or so before they breed.

I leave the doe in with the buck an hour. Generally after breeding, the doe wants to urinate as soon as back in her cage. If she has abt an extra half hour in the buck's cage where she will be reluctant to urinate, all the better for fertilization. I rebreed in 8 hours. If the first round if activity wasn't received well, it will generally prompt her to go into heat and 8 hours later will generally get the job done.

Did your doe ever find her shelf and use it from your earlier post? I figure once the kit was running around, she would get up there to avoid it some. That's what my moms do. Haha

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They have a "window" that they can see & smell each other. My husband put them together today and saw 3 fall offs for sure. When he went in to get he immediately went at it again and then just kinda went stiff on top of her. So i think that it would make it 4.

I think the kit made more use of the shelf then Ruby did. I'm sure when there are more kits she will like it. We used it as another feeding spot too because the current bowl is only big enough for one fat head :p. We will have to add another one or get a wider one in the near future.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use the gravity fed, J-feeder. 5" for a buck, and 7" wide for does that will have a litter in with her. The 7" also works ok for a grow-out pen. They stay cleaner. You can fill it and it will usually feed for a good couple days or more, and no flipping it over!

Latest posts