new puppy

Blue Dog Farms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So I traded a non registered lamancha doe for a pyr puppy. He's said to be 8wks old but he's probably more like 5wks. The lady told me he was born 12/09 that would only make him 6wks. Anyway I'm happy to have him and my doe fiona will be happy to provide him with milk for a couple weeks
:thumbsup

Blue Dog Farms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well here he is Blue Dog Farms Nicholas. Im pretty sure hes closer to 4 weeks, but hes drinking his goat milk and growing already, so he will be ok. Poor baby. I just think about the other puppys that she sold that dont have the fresh warm goat milk and are surviving on just dog food at this young age.
3185_nicholas_1.jpg

3185_nicholas_2.jpg

3185_nicholas_3.jpg

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
He is as cute as a button! I want one! :lol: I have to agree though, my goodness he looks young. I am glad that you have him and will be able to give him the nurishment that he needs and deserves. I hope the others find good homes too! Keep sharing the pics as he grows. And congratulations!

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awwww...what a sweet baby!!! Just want to pick this little one up and cuddle:) Lucky baby to have you milk warm goat's milk!

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Isn't is illegal to sell a puppy that young? Assuming it is 4-5 weeks old that is. I know there are still people out there who do it anyway, but frim what I have heard it isn't good for the puppy to be seperated from mom that early and they don't get the socialization from mom and litter mates they need to learn some basic things. There are lots of things that puppies learn from mom in those first few weeks and if they are taken from mom too early they don't learn those skills. Someof those skills are proper behavior because mom will correct bad behavior.

I'm not trying to criticize, that is just the first question that popped in my head when you said it was that young. I'm glad it found a good home with you though where it gets extra care in the form of warm milk. I hope he turns into a great LGD for you (assuming that is what his purpose is).

Blue Dog Farms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Absolutly. He should have never been taken from mom, and I dont condone her choice in doing that. The only reason I went ahead witht he decision to take him is because I new even if I didnt someone else would and he would have a better chance with me drinking goat milk than with someone else who didnt know what they where doing. She had already sold all but him and his brother. My heart breaks for this little guy. My australian shepherd has taken him in as a foster baby, shes good at that.

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Compared to the litter I had born on 12/8, that puppy looks a lot smaller. So, I would agree that he's younger than what they said. Has he been wormed? If he's wormy, it could be why he's not growing well.

I give him a good start, continue with the goat milk, but you'll probably want to supplement with some type of puppy vitamin and electrolyte as well.

carolinagirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
At 5 weeks, he should be starting on kibble softened with your goat milk. Get some really good kibble, like Taste of The Wild and soften it up for him. Poor little guy....i can't believe she was letting those pups go so young. That's sad. I am glad you got him though.