New to BYH & Rabbits

Edge of the Wilderness

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

A couple of years ago DH and I found our dream piece of land and made the move to the country. Last year, we started with chickens and ducks (and joined BYC), and this summer we decided to add rabbits to the mix. We've had pet rabbits before, but these we intend to breed for meat and I know we'll have questions. I'll do my best to find the right places to post those up.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE TX! So glad you joined us. We actually have quite a few folks active here who are Rabbitteers. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. You'll get to "meet" quite a few of them in doing so. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Of course pictures are NEVER frowned upon and we all love to Ohhh and ahhh over them ;) Please make yourself at home! Hope you enjoy the site!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH from the Hoosier State!
Sorry to be slow in responding, but not on much Saturdays and Sundays as those are pretty busy days for me. Good luck in your rabbiteering endeavors. :thumbsup

Edge of the Wilderness

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks for the greetings all and no problem about taking some time to respond. I've been keeping my computer time at arm's length myself with trying to wrap up projects before winter. Seems like my time gets sucked up before I know it.

I think she probably is in my neck of the woods. Although, there is a pretty big area that people will call "Northern" MN. If she is from nearby, she might know the rough area I'm in from my name. :)