New to goat ownership

Backyard Farmgirl

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm new to goat ownership, but some experience with milking/caring for goats a few decades ago. Very excited to have my own now. I never realized how much there was to know until I bought two pregnant does, one who kidded two weeks after bringing them home. Talk about jumping in head first! Glad to be part of this community and look forward to learning so much more from everyone here! :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Wstrn Central Florida!!!......:frow
There are many here that have goats of all kinds....and for many reasons.....all are more than willing to help ya with most any situation.....if ya check out the Goat Forum, ya will see a bunch of "threads" that cover many topics and specific problems shared here from very knowledgeable members joining in on the "topic" that is faced......it will help ya out with everything from emergency kit to trimming hooves.
Many will be along to welcome ya too!!.....what breed of goats are they?.....and, my word.....ya gotta share some pics of those young'uns.....:)
Again......:welcome

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Florida :frow, we have nigerians, and nubians on the way shortly...goats are so very cool and fun to play and care for.....hope you browse around... check things out and have fun here, .......lots of information and helpful people......
:welcome:highfive::thumbsup

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH! I have pygmys and am trying to patiently await my new arrivals and hoping they come when it is not raining as it has been this whole winter. Is this your first post? It says you joined Feb. 10th. It may be a little while before some of the members get around to viewing this thread because we recently lost a valued member of BYH. So just give it time. I recently had a problem with one of my yearlings which I posted about and got some info from others but it turned out to just be a butting injury. We thought she might have had polio. But she is doing great now. Like @CntryBoy777 said, we love pics of kids and all goats so don't forget to post them. By the way, I am thrilled that you did not lose your first kids since kidding happened so soon after their arrival to your place. I learned the hard way to if at all possible don't make goats travel in the last 30 of gestation. Anyway, congratulations and welcome again! Don't forget pics.

Last edited:

Rella Wingler

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi there from Indiana and welcome!! I am new to goats too!! Getting four kids myself March 30th!
Congratulations on your new kids and does!! New life is always fun ^_^
Pictures :)

Latest posts