New to goats could my Pygmy be in pre labor?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
So what's up with the goat that originally started the thread? I'm guessing it turns out she wasn't in "pre labor":)

You did switch goats mid-thread :D

chicken pickin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hmmm I completely forgot about the other goat until I went back to the beginning and re-read the thread lol. I hope she is doing well also.

Trigoat&pbrlover

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

I have been fallowing this thread since you first put it up. I am so HAPPY for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant remember if you said this already, do you know what your doe was bred to?

:bun :bun :bun :bun :bun

sevlep1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Trigoat&pbrlover said:
:weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

I have been fallowing this thread since you first put it up. I am so HAPPY for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant remember if you said this already, do you know what your doe was bred to?

:bun :bun :bun :bun :bun
Thank you!! She was bred to a kiko/faint cross

sevlep1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ah , Niya yes she is still around and her false labor was possibly attributed ( or so I was told ) to a selenium deficiency so just in case I got her fixed up and haven't seen anything else in her. The breeder that bought my buck said both does were bred but who knows. She is not growing but then again that doesn't mean much. My other doe Nanette I seen her get mounted by my buck at the end of March but she is not showing any growth other than small udder development and there (in my opinion) is no way she will kid in September unless the baby weighs a few ounces. He bred her a lot , he didn't care if any doe was pregnant or not he was going to get some! They were pretty bonded so I would separate them and they would scream bloody murder. I finally got him gone, he was starting to get on their nerves. So now we wait and see if they get bigger or their udders pick up the pace. I guess it's to be continued ....... :hu

sevlep1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is our little Neffy pushing my 2 year old.... they sure do love to play together!
9448_1240007_10201552842201496_164055278_n.jpg

He decided to lay in my lap for a little nap
9448_1237181_10201480669157215_67471071_n.jpg

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Our first baby, ET (short for Edna Tabitha), who is now about a 50-pound pygmy doeling thinks she can still get up in my lap like she did when she weighed 6 pounds! They love to crawl all over you and play, but they forget when they get older that they've grown a bit and still try to do the things they did as kids. Neffy sure is a cute little guy! They are loads of fun, aren't they? Looking forward to when our girls have babies again. Got the buckling, now he just has to grow enough to figure out what his job is! I'm sure he will figure it out when his hormones kick in. There is nothing cuter than a kid, human or caprine and both of yours have proven that without a doubt!