New to goats could my Pygmy be in pre labor?

sevlep1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
9448_20130822_111756.jpg
This is what is coming out. Sorry it's sideways I can't adjust is with my cell phone. My cell flash makes it look whiter than it is. Oh and it's raining woohoo lol

sevlep1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So far one solid white boy! Pics soon. Horrifying labor.

Moonshine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yea! :celebrate :weee :celebrate :weee I'm so happy for you!!! I hope when you get some time you will tell us all about it! Take your time and make sure everybody's fine though. I'll patiently wait.

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Finally here! Hope there are more, but 1 is fine too! Hope everything is going well. Be sure to send pics ASAP so we all can have our fix! Congrats!:weee

sevlep1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
OMG! that was a nightmare! She was not fully dilated and her water broke and I was down to mere minutes to get him out before he drowned. Her cervix was so small and he was much bigger. Not to mention his feet were curled back I managed to get one foot by a miracle. She was sooooo tight in there. I got the foot and had to pull in the opposite direction with each contraction. He FINALLY came out and was alive, all I could do was cry. Thank goodness they are both ok! There was only one and after that ordeal I am kinda glad! Thanks to you all for taking this crazy journey with me! AND now I present the man of the hour!

9448_582012_10201454147654194_594492518_n.jpg

9448_1146621_10201454515863399_1222661222_n.jpg

9448_1157496_10201454522183557_218943510_n.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been following your journey and let me say - CONGRATS!

Just for future reference - when the water breaks the baby is in no danger of drowning. The baby is okay until the umbilical cord breaks and that 'usually' doesn't happen until the birth is complete. If the baby is breech then you have a different story because then the cord usually breaks while the babys head is still nside the doe. I've even had babies born completely enclosed within their fluid-filled amniotic sac and as long as the umbilical cord was unbroken they came out of their water bubble just fine.

Corecting a feet turned back dystocia can be tough. You did GREAT getting a foot forward! That can be a tricky position, especially in a single baby which can be larger than multiples.

Pat yourself (and your doe) on the back for a job well done! He's a cutie!

sevlep1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
I've been following your journey and let me say - CONGRATS!

Just for future reference - when the water breaks the baby is in no danger of drowning. The baby is okay until the umbilical cord breaks and that 'usually' doesn't happen until the birth is complete. If the baby is breech then you have a different story because then the cord usually breaks while the babys head is still nside the doe. I've even had babies born completely enclosed within their fluid-filled amniotic sac and as long as the umbilical cord was unbroken they came out of their water bubble just fine.

Corecting a feet turned back dystocia can be tough. You did GREAT getting a foot forward! That can be a tricky position, especially in a single baby which can be larger than multiples.

Pat yourself (and your doe) on the back for a job well done! He's a cutie!
I was told we havr 20-30 minutes after pushing or water breaking to get him out or he would drown. That lit a flame under me but good to know!! Thank you and thanks to everyone on this forum for their advise and help through everything. It was hard but well worth it. Thanks again!!! Now it's time for a shower and bed! Goodnight all :hugs

Moonshine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Awe! He's so precious! I know you will sleep good tonight!